bEN's Runner Rebuild

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by bEN, Nov 21, 2006.

1. gazell

gazell Active Member

fuck me and i was worryin about the pm snappin lol...

hope u get it sorted soon kidda

2. Rizla Rhys

Rizla Rhys New Member

fuck me! i expected the pm to snap but never a scorp...OUCH!

3. monty9120

monty9120 Active Member

Rides:
    Vespa gts300
    i really want a sporys exhaust but i cant be having all this snapping lark

standard for me :w00t: :pimp:

4. skatergod

skatergod New Member

most scorps do NOT snap.... to be fair.. bens engine was ratting like FUCK!! no wounder that fucker snapped!!! and ur exhaust was shacking all over the place... lol people do NOT get put of by this.. most scorps are mint mine has lived thru everything as ben can tell you he he :cool: [/url]

5. bEN

bEN Active Member

Rides:
    Ducati 848
    It was shaking because the exhaust brackets were shagged and the fact exhaust fumes were just escaping from the massive hole, i've checked over the bike everything is fine, the mounts are still perfect and arn't even 6 months old yet.

hopefully back on the road tomorrow.

6. TangoSR

TangoSR New Member

scorpions dont snap? :w00t:

My hubbys one on his drag broke in two on the way to work :confused:hock:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

but saying that they are very helpful at scorpion, bad thing on my part the exhaust had no more warrenty left on it, otherwise they would have fixed it no problem :(

7. Rizla Rhys

Rizla Rhys New Member

thats nearly as bad as my pm FUCK! looooool!

thats savage snap for a scorp lol

8. skatergod

skatergod New Member

lol ok so some snap :cool: but it looks kinda kool like that :cool: your own unique modified pipe!!

9. Rizla Rhys

Rizla Rhys New Member

yh one that prolly makes ur bike sound like a tank...loooooooooool

10. bEN

bEN Active Member

Rides:
    Ducati 848
    Well it's back on, my dad found loads of other holes and crack in it too :msn1:

there is still way to much movement at the front where the stub is, but we have a very strong spring on that took ages to get on, and i can't see anything a miss at all :wtf: i have no idea why it's wobbling so much at the front :(

11. bEN

bEN Active Member

Rides:
    Ducati 848
    Back on the road, she's not looking to bad now.

temp weld untill i get the new one

[​IMG]

after a quick clean

[​IMG]

12. Rizla Rhys

Rizla Rhys New Member

glad to see yet anuva gilly with exhaust probs is on the mend and back on the road lol

13. abz

abz Member

damn i thought scorpion dont snap :msn1:

14. Rizla Rhys

Rizla Rhys New Member

they dont really jus ben doesnt hav the best of luck does he...lol

15. wobbly_trials

wobbly_trials Active Member

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    even the standard ones snap or fracture fairly frequently if the motor vibrates.

16. bEN

bEN Active Member

Rides:
    Ducati 848
    Nowhere else to write this so here goes more bullshit.

Now the scorpion snapped for the 4th time, in yet another different place, this time it snapped right at the end of the exhaust, the part that goes into the stub, didn't just snap but it's lying in the middle of a road somewhere as the whole piece came completely off...
    So yesterday i thought to hell with it, and i put the standard back on and thats how it's staying.

So, on my way home with the country's loudest scooter mr. policeman decides to follow me for 10 minutes, and then pulls me over blah blah blah.

Anyway, i was in the back of the car and the he told me i had no insurance, which i have and it runs out on the 28th feb.
    Anyway he phoned my company who said i wasn't insured on my new bike, i was still insured on my old speedfight, even when i myself changed all the details over to my new bike, this is my 3rd bike on this policy so why didn't it work this time?
    All they said to me on the phone ( while still in the back of the car )
    was " your details were processed, but never completed"

oh, thanks and he said he didn't have any more information.

First off i thought this was frigging weird, i'd been pulled for a routine check not 2 weeks ago, and my insurance came up fine and i was on my way in under 10 minutes no problems, but why not this time?

longish story short, he said he had no choice but to sieze my bike, which meant handing him the keys and for someone to pick it up and impound it.

great.

So the next day went to the police station, showed my insurance etc

and then handed over 120 quid to get my bike back ... just gets better doesn't it?

and they said i still have to go to court within 6 months.

so to sum up, 2007 has just been shit, im fucking cursed whenever i ride this bike so to hell with it it's going on ebay and i hope i never have to ride a fucking gilera piece of shit runner ever again.

:(

typhoon FTW

17. *James*

*James* New Member

Sorry to hear that mate... :msn1: ...

Typh time i think :bird:

18. Nrg-Sam

Nrg-Sam Active Member

ring ya insurance company, and politely explain that theyre gonna send you a cheque for £120 with a note of apology, and theyre also going to pay whatever fine you get for riding with no insutance... end of the day youve paid them to be insured and due to their incompitance your now in the shit

typh ftw tho loool :pimp:

19. jacksp

jacksp New Member

you probably had the worst luck with that bike :msn1: lol

20. kcnw9

kcnw9 Member

unlucky mate and yeh sams rite, call your insurance company and they should pay for the cost since if they told the copper you were insured then you wouldnt have this fine.

kcnw9