Baotion monza 50 4t

Discussion in 'Newbie Scooter Tuning' started by Max Wilkie, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Max Wilkie

Max Wilkie New Member

Rides:
    Baotion Monza 50
    What would you guys recommend for getting more speed going up hill maxed out at 25 & I'm an accident waiting to happen cause I can't keep up with the flow of traffic, as he bounces & mutters in his lid

2. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    derestrict or drop down a gram or so in roller weight.

5.5 - 6g roller weights will allow the engine to rev higher so your mostly at a higher rpm and the motor is in its powerband spread to keep the power up.

derestiction adds a couple horse power and coupled with lower gram weights means you can harness more power

Max Wilkie likes this.
  3. Max Wilkie

Max Wilkie New Member

Rides:
    Baotion Monza 50
    Nor sure on what weights are in at the moment but I'd I go with that weight I know I would gain on acceleration but would I lose out at top end ?

4. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    remove the variator slip out the weighted roller and weight them, we tend to say a good ballpark is around 6g , your stock weights could be more heavy than 6g.

loss of top end speed , yes and no , its very possible you could drop a few mph but its also possible you may gain a few mph . its all dependant on motor power, variator type, belt size etc etc, there are a lot of variables when it comes to tuning the variator.
    YES you should see a lower end preformance gain the moror is being allowed to have more rpm early on due to less mass in the variator so its able to close quicker and pull belt into the rear pulley later.