Baotian max speed

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by Mait, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Mait

Mait New Member

Hi,
    I have a baotian bt50qt-9.
    I have removed all restrictions I know of and yet im still only getting 30-35mph top speed. I have seen videos where this scooter gets 45-50mph. What could be the problem and how to solve It?

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  2. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    hello Mait

you could well find even if you have removed restrictions theres one place folks will miss and thats the exhaust they tend to be restricted to, most folks will buy a sport exhaust and add a larger fuel jet to the carb so they can run the new sport pipe, its the sport pipe that adds extra hp and that extra hp = higher speed.

3. Mait

Mait New Member

I know that exhaust is slowing me down, but there are videos on youtube with people getting 70km/h with the stock exhaust, so that canĀ“t be the problem.

4. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    I can't see a bt49 ever hitting 45-50mph!

5. Mait

Mait New Member

Okay, but what if it had a 72cc kit?

6. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter what kit you put on it, if there is a restriction in the pipe then that is what will stop you.
    The gases have to flow out the engine quicker, this is done by removing any restriction that is in the pipe, but this faster escaping gas has to be balanced by fuel getting in quicker. Otherwise you just get bogging at half throttle or less, and no speed at all.
    This is why you need to up-jet any scooter carb that has had a sports or de-restricted exhaust fitted.
    It's not a simple case of just throwing on a bigger kit, all that will do is cost you money with no gains.
    Go for a sports exhaust first, up-jet the carb to suit, play with the roller weights to find a weight that suits what you want.
    You could also have a restriction built in to the cdi.

7. Mait

Mait New Member

Can I use a 100cc cdi on a 70cc scooter?

8. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Might have a different ignition curve.