At Last, building the ICE

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by Stevep, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Yikes, another build thread I haven't managed to update for a while.
    I had made a list, some weeks ago, of all the other stuff i needed to finish the ice off; started looking around THAT auction site, came across someone selling a practically complete ice for spares. He'd had a few bits off it for his and didn't want the rest.
    So thought I'd have a tickle, gave myself an upper limit, and ended up winning it for the grand sum of £131.
    This is it:
    [​IMG]

2. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Oh crap, hit the wrong button!!!!

Onwards..................

Got a few other spares for it as well. Had to collect it from Chester, but it made a nice excuse for a day out for a change. Took a friend of mine with me and we had a very nice lunch there as well.
    Now this one has all the other stuff on it that I need to get mine finished, and I got it for a lot less than I would have spent on individual parts.
    It got stripped over the weekend I bought it, which got me looking at things slightly differently. This frame still has the footboard spur attached.
    And guess what..................I decided to use this frame instead of the other one! Another strip and paint job.

Ta Dah!

IMG_20151121_165515.jpg

3. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Don't know whether it's my computer or the site, but can't seem to update all in one go so will do it in pieces.

Anyway, I've spent the last day or so getting it all built up again, swapping parts from the other frame to this one. Need to order some new oil and fuel pipe, extend some wiring and weather proof the switch plugs, wire in some different coloured L.E.D's for the oil/fuel/indicator lights due to the new clocks set-up, and a couple of other minor things, but it's looking like it's coming together ok. I will do something with the front panel as well, I have an idea, but I'm playing with stuff in my head first before I do anything.

IMG_20151122_162927.jpg

IMG_20151122_162953.jpg

IMG_20151122_163029.jpg

4. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Now that I'm seeing the end of this little project, my eyes are turning to the next one:

IMG_20151122_163225.jpg

5. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

painting, painting, painting
    gone back to the standard bar setup, wasn't happy with the way the stem adapter fitted
    it's crying out for a performance 70 kit but i'm hesitant at the moment

6. MrXT

MrXT Active Member

Is that even road legal? It looks as small as those mini motos which are not.

7. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Of course, Gilera Ice 50cc

8. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

im pretty sure you could get a mini moto legal if you wanted to.

9. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

They've already got road legal pit bikes here, not so sure if you could do it with a mini moto though. Legally wise and dvla. And if you could the insurance would be astronomical.
    Mind you, falling off a mini moto is like falling out of bed you're that close to the floor.

10. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

ive never ridden a minimoto before, they look like a right laugh though. anyway, wheres the pics of the ice dammit!

11. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Just finished laquering the last of the black bits, then I've some more purple bits to do. Then will rebuild the rear shock (in its new colours). Will all be done today. Probably post a few pics tomorrow sometime when the parts are back on.

12. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Yessss. The new staples have just arrived. Can do the seat recover as well now, when I've finished painting of course.

13. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

All mot'd and finished at last. Up on the auction site later today along with Kerry the Katana. Decided to sell both the scooters as I'm not really going to use them.

IMG_20160212_125612.jpg

MrXT likes this.
  14. MrXT

MrXT Active Member

Defo not my kind of bike, far too small for me but it looks very fresh and we'll done. Good job there.

I love the look of fresh unworn tires as well.