Scooter Shack Scooter Forum
The UK's biggest automatic scooter forum.
Scooter Shack is now a read-only archive. Over 20 years of scooter knowledge (2006–2026) is preserved here. New posts, replies and accounts are closed.
ForumsThe Tuning CenterScooter Tuning

assistance for the adjustment of C16

Discussion in Scooter Tuning started by Gilera2003, 14 Oct 2010
Gilera2003#1
Gilera scooter 2003rd
setup scooter
polini sport 70ccm
Carburetor 17.5
nozzle 80
polini 2g clutch (blue spring)
variomat malossi multivar 2000
Sports polini blue filter sponge in the factory airbox
crankshaft series (new bearings) - (commissioned BGM Evolution and bearings BGM C4)

Exhaust Yasuni city16 (now put) - (too strong for polini sport) has so far been TT

the rollers to put on it for now or I have to immediately change the kit because it will destroy C16

but if I change kit that you put on it but that has durability and a solid fuel and the carburetor nozzle, rollers
the setup you are proposing assistance for the adjustment of C16 or if I leave this kit what to modify it or leave it
bertie#2
The C16 will destroy a sport 70 kit very fast. It wont perform well either as you need harsh port timings for a C16 to work properly.

So a new ported mid-race kit is needed, along with a 21mm carb or larger.
Gilera2003#3
so that my kit 70 suggest we take a c16 it will not destroy rapidly and last a long time and that the carburetor nozzle, which rolls to know where to start and tell me of their experiences maybe because I do not mean to go on the high end tuning rather than something long to serve me that does not change kit every year and that just does not waste fuel to not have to correct your refrigerator and think and put a longer transmission 13% to 15% but can you tell me someone who has to transfer to a store when I come they say for example 16-44 but I do not know how much it extends my transmission that is standard now and I need to extend the 13-15%

I'm not very good in English sorry but I think you understand the question

thanks
zipSP70#4
bertie said:
It wont perform well either as you need harsh port timings for a C16 to work properly.

So a new ported mid-race kit is needed.

I put a yasuni c21 (better performing than c16) onto my stage6 sport pro (similar port timings to polini sport) and it provided a massive improvement over my stage6 pro replica exhaust that was on it before.

But i agree, it is designed to be used with and will work better with a high reving, more agressive ported kit.

check out my dyno graphs comparing them
http://scootershack.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=20223&p=222058
Gilera2003#5
ok, so that kit suggest that it does not destroy the C16 easy to turn to him 15000-20000 km solid drive without any major problems

so what is now proposing to leave polini sport or how to care and tuning the carburetor, which I put on it
Gilera2003#6
Does anyone have any impro not guess that the task is too heavy

More threads in Scooter Tuning

Gilera runner 50 Help1 replies24 Oct 2010
my airbox feels like its going to explode O.O1 replies23 Oct 2010
yamaha bws cw50 19913 replies23 Oct 2010
Stage 6 clutch spring colour HELP0 replies21 Oct 2010
need help with a air cooled speed fight2 20051 replies21 Oct 2010
What crank?1 replies14 Oct 2010
Which 70 kit to buy?6 replies12 Oct 2010
yamaha neos 50 exhaust2 replies12 Oct 2010
typhoon 70cc AC tuning help4 replies7 Oct 2010
2002 piaggio zip standard carb size?13 replies6 Oct 2010