Aragon 50 sline help please

Discussion in 'Newbie Scooter Tuning' started by chris1981, Aug 26, 2017.

1. chris1981

chris1981 New Member

Hi
    I recently got a cpi Aragon for my son it had a technigas pipe on and was running really bad
    The guy we got it from said if we put the standard pope back on it would run fine however once we stripped it down it was clear they had messed with the fuelling we put the standard pipe back on and got it fuelling reasonable but I was wondering if they had upjetted it
    The current jet says 47.5 on it does anyone know if this is standard and also what jet we would need to run the tecnigas pope ?
    All help appreciated

2. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    hiya chris

yes that sounds like it had the technigas pipe installed BUT they never upjetted the carb. the 47.5 is a stock main jet size on the aragon.

so with a rejet for sports pipes we tend to say a 7-10% upgrade in size, so lets take your rounded off to 48 main jet, throw a 10% extra to it and we should be looking at around the 58 - 60 mark on a rejet . given its a technigas pipe i would say a 10% and a little more is viable.

to rejet we would tend to throw a bigger sized jet in then work downwards in size its better this way because we run the motor on the rich side , usually very rich and as we start to drop down in jet size that richness starts to lower to a more respectable amount. grab a 56 to 66 jet kit , and put the 66 jet in, try start the bike, its gonna run dog rough but tahts good, then drop down a jet size on each test run hit

first run scoot is bogging like crazy just does not wanna run so you know the big jet is just to much, remove that jet and drop down to two sizes in jet so if it was a 66 drop down to a 64 , then do a second test run hit. if that is still boggy as hell remove the 64 and drop a 62 in and keep doing this until the scooter shows a remarked increase in power and no bogging.

when you think you have the right jet size in, bike runs kinda sweet has plenty of horses in the throttle and its not bogging, put a brand new sparkplug in, run it a couple miles only. when the scoot comes back your going to jump on and ride it super hard like max throttle at when your at total max throttle switch off the ignition and coast to a stop ( best doing this outside the hose on the road) soon as your stop pull the plug out and inspect the clolouring around the tip ,

blackened around the tip = to rich and a lotta carbon building up
    Wwhite/off white = to lean on mixture you may wanna go up just 1 single jet size
    Chocolate brown = perfect range, its a little rich but not overly and is burning fuel mixture cleanly

3. chris1981

chris1981 New Member

Thanks a lot that's a massive help was just wondering are the jet kits universal or do I need the same manufacturer as the carb ?

4. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    dependant on carb jet size. 6mm - 5mm threaded

otherwise if its a 6mm almost any 6mm jet should screw into the carb, same goes for 5mm . most cheap chinese carbs and likes are copys of mikuni's or delortos