Aprilla mojito 50c upgrade

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by kjon, Jun 8, 2020.

1. kjon

kjon New Member

hi not new to this forum but been away a long time i have been playing with a mojito 50cc over the lockdown to keep me ative and would like a bit of advice i want to upgrade to a 70cc /80cc kit and change the carburettor and upjet what kit would people recommend to put on it 2009 model mojito custom dont really want to waste money on kits from europe they are to hit and miss rather buy in UK and then if any trouble more chance of sorting it out any help ?? TIA

2. Rickard Pingol

Rickard Pingol Active Member

Maybe polini sport 70cc. I guess you have a 17,5 carb on. That works great with that what i understood. Its castiron and is longlasting. Gives 8,5 hp. With power at bottom end. Good for commuting. My friend had an aerox. And actually prefered the stock exhaust, because it gave good power at accelaration. Silent and didnt acctract any police or waking sleeping babies. Its quite mild compared to other kits But still gives you. 5,5 hp over stock cylinder. Well it depends what you want.

3. kjon

kjon New Member

Cheers for reply I do have a 17.5 carb but looking to increase to maybe 19 /21 have looked at pollini and mallosi 70cc kits need something that will last and is a straight fit dont want to spend a fortune but still decent enough to get a bit of speed out of ped most of the restrictions are gone already ie washer / exhaust/ inlet restrictor so new carb / 70cc kit should be quite rapid i hope will be done by someone who knows what they are doing as well i will update the exhaust as well as a bit rusty

4. Rickard Pingol

Rickard Pingol Active Member

5. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    As said, a good quality 70 kit (polini, malossi) and to be honest leave the rest alone, it will work great just upjetted to suit barrel.