Aprilia Sr forks

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by TangoSR, Dec 17, 2006.

1. TangoSR

TangoSR New Member

Ermm does anyone know if the SR 50 forks are the same as the SR 125 forks?..reason for the question is I was wondering if the forks are different length wise, as it might explain why the speedo cable doesnt reach the koso clocks on my SR, everything else works and connects fine on the clocks other than the original SR speedo cable is about 4cm to short for the koso clocks. :(

2. wobbly_trials

wobbly_trials Active Member

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    have you tried re-routing the cable, they are an absolute swine to do, got to get them the right way through the plastics or they are really tight.

never heard of the forks being a different length but it could be possible.

3. tweak

tweak Member

They are exactly the same only diffence is the manufacturer's stamp on the bottom of each leg. The speedo cable being too short is probably because the routing of the cable is slightly wrong, don't worry, Minor had this trouble too! :D

4. TangoSR

TangoSR New Member

The routing of the cable is spot on as I havent removed the cable from its original route only undone it from original clocks, went to clip in to the bottom of the koso clocks only to find it comes up too short by about 4cm :(

The clocks are listed for the 50cc aprilia SR hence the question about the forks....its pissing me right off as they look fecking ace! :eh:

5. tweak

tweak Member

aftermarket cable? remember the cable has to travel up infront of the fork leg then up the right side of the stem (as you sit on the bike) and then switch across to the left to meet the speedo cable housing. Is this right on yours?

6. TangoSR

TangoSR New Member

Its not an after market speedo cable its the original speedo cable for my SR, its all perfectly in position of how it should be :( ...I'm not the only one to have this problem as the guy who originally told me about the clocks has had the same problem with his speedo cable not being long enough :( I've emailed koso about it, might get a reply but Im not holding my breath lol

7. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    bell speedy cables up, send them your cable and ask them to make a new one thas longer.. the problem i think is the koso clocks are thinner than the original so the thread for the clocks is higher.. i found fitting the cable to the clocks then dropping it down through the pannels worked a treat, even tho the cable is tight at full lock right on all of them ive been told (cable IS too short stock tho)

8. TangoSR

TangoSR New Member

:w00t: Well I got an email back from Koso this morning...

My email to them...

Hi,

I have recently purchased some KOSO GP styled speedometer clocks for my Aprilia SR from www.scooterattack.com (attached file).

The problem I'm having with them is that they should be a straight swap over from the original clocks, but after fitting them to my scooter I found that the Aprilia SR speedo cable doesnt fit into them as it is too short to reach your Koso clocks? Is this a design flaw of your clocks? Or is there a speedo cable you can recommend to me that will fit? I am not the only one having this problem with them, as I know of quite a few people who have had the same problem also, so any information would be of great help.

Kind Regards

D Hall

www.apriliadreams.co.uk

There reply...

Dear D. Hall,

Good day. Thanks for your mail and sorry for the inconvenience.

About your problem : Do you mean that the speed cable on our meter doesn't fit the original speed cable? If so, could you please tell us the year of the SR you ride? Actually we develop the speedometer and test it on the SR, too. But there are different version SR, so we need to know which year your SR is. If possible, we hope that you could show us the pictures of the original cable on the meter side and the other side - if possible your original speedometer, too.

As soon as we receive your information, we will check it right away. At the same time, we will check it on our SR again.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience we bring you and please give us some time to check it. If it is our fault, we will check what we could do for you.

Best regards,

--------------------------------

Reak Wu

Koso Co.,Ltd.

www.koso.com.tw

TEL: +886-6-2556565#210

FAX: +886-6-2461878

No.406 Ding An St. Tainan city (70944), Taiwan

So gotta take some pics and let them know what year my SR is, fingers crossed they will sort it :w00t:

9. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    i think they got the wrong end of the stick, they think the fittings are wrong where as its just a couple inches too short...

10. TangoSR

TangoSR New Member

;) I know that, but I will send them what they have asked for and tell them that the original speedo cable on the aprilia is too short to fit there clocks again lol...I was just amazed they actually replied to me :w00t:

11. TangoSR

TangoSR New Member

Well I couldnt be arsed with koso in the end, so hunted round the net for a speedo cable that might fit, after looking at parts for my hubbys dragster, I came across a dragster speedo cable :idea: , so went and had a look at hubbys one on his drag :pimp: and TA DA!!! its exactly what I needed :w00t:...didn't nick his one though as I would of got told off :rofl: so got one off ebay for the pricely sum of ?4.50 :punk:

12. wobbly_trials

wobbly_trials Active Member

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    well done, glad that's finally sorted.