Aprilia sr 125 it begins

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by pops garage, Apr 6, 2016.

1. pops garage

pops garage New Member

Well where do I start
    Iv all ways loved 2t autos scooters started with an big standard aerox that I got at 16 and then I caught the bug and been in and out of the scene since

Well to the point recently iv managed to get two bargains a typhoon 125 standard apart from pipe and in a sorry state for £130
    And picked up and near perfect aprilia Sr 125 for £350 just come all ready stripped and to be fair the man didn't lie everything that he said was there was there all the nuts and bolts bagged up and labled for me and all the paper work from New with every mot
    So that's all another story
    Here are some pictures of how far iv got I'll keep this updated IMAG0359.jpg IMAG0363.jpg
    IMAG0368.jpg IMAG0386.jpg IMAG0391.jpg

2. romain

romain Member

Rides:
    Yamaha tmax
    Nice one
    Never understood why they never came as standard with an SR 125 lc
    That would have been a great bike
    Looking forward to see what to do to this one

3. pops garage

pops garage New Member

So yesterday got on with a bit with the Sr engine is fully bolted up but when I kicked it over the main bearings sound noisy so chance are they have gone so needs splitting IMAG0410.jpg IMAG0409.jpg
    So tomorrow going to get it running see how bad the bearings are

4. pops garage

pops garage New Member

So I'm up garage got just under 4 hours be for I got to pop out get these electrics done IMAG0424.jpg IMAG0425.jpg IMAG0426.jpg

5. pops garage

pops garage New Member

So got it running by putting petrol down the head and the bearings sounded fine so that my mind at ease electrics was easy enough even if a earth cable got me baffled for half hour or so

So now all what's left to do is sort the gear box out and clean up the rest of it happy days same it's a hole week unroll my next day off

6. pops garage

pops garage New Member

Right just a quick up date the thing is all together now minuses a gear box but have the gears pressed now so just a matter of fitting it and other then that needs a bit of petrol and a charge of the battery to check all the lights and horn work for the m.o t next weekend

Not bad since not been on the road for 7 years

Mayday run hear I come

7. pops garage

pops garage New Member