Aprilia scarabeo 125 2002

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by Ian Robinson, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Ian Robinson

Ian Robinson Member

This is my scarabeo rebuild, replaced the camchain and head gasket, in between taking it to bits and putting it back together i spent 5 months in prison for puttin all the widows through of a couple of junkie burglars who smashed it up with a hammer, (also i was tooled up)looking forward to riding it tommorow

Attached Files:

scubabiker likes this.
  2. milo2025

milo2025 Trip to Trumpton

Looking good. How many miles has she done? You must be dead chuffed to be out of prison. The law is all too often stacked against the 'victim' in favour of the crimbo.

3. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Someone buy this man a beer.

milo2025 likes this.
  4. Ian Robinson

Ian Robinson Member

This ones got 45k and i got another with 55k, hopin to be rolling by this weekend, also a picture of a project made in Hull hmp, i kid you not, jason, hangin in a shopping centre in hull,

Attached Files:

scubabiker likes this.
  5. milo2025

I got it the wrong way round - should have read the law is all to often stacked against the 'crimbo' in favour of the 'victim'. Happy to clarify that.

6. milo2025

What make of plane is that? Looks like a WW1 fighter (being a bi-plane).

7. Ian Robinson

Ian Robinson Member

Its a replica of the plane amy johnson flew to Australia before the invention of in flight movies

scubabiker likes this.
  8. Ian Robinson

Ian Robinson Member

The rebuild of my red scarabeo is on hold for a bit, i tried to find top dead centre to put the camchain back on but i didnt run right, so i tried moving the camchain one tooth forward then two teeth back, i turned the motor by hand and nothing was touching so started it up, it ran for a minute then stopped with a nasty CLANG, the valve have touched the top of the piston, the camshaft has'taken one for the team'its shatered at the keyway, been on ebay italy and its going to cost about £40 for a second hand one, oh well the aquasition of knowledge and all that. Meanwhile i put the camchain on the grey scarab, and after locating a brocken suppresor cap its running nicely,done a bit of paintin on the Frame of the grey one then degreased it at the jet wash,milage55k cost £70

Attached Files:

9. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Maybe...
    Maybe just maybe...
    Motogaga.com do a cam and valves etc for it?