Aprila Sportcity Cube 125

Discussion in 'Pictures' started by JoJo, Jul 24, 2013.

1. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    I've actually had enough of it, was going to do a full respray in the Summer which would of costed around £70-80 for all the Sprays.... and now with all the problems happening with the Exhaust, and the Cam Chain (if thats what it is) and the other noises that have started, and now theres something else thats started, and now the Speedometer is playing up.... its driving me nuts.

Honda PCX im getting, 2012 model, 2000 miles on it, for £1800.... MOT aint until next year anyway, Tax is the end of the year, mint condition, gets to 65mph easy, liking the little gadgets on it aswell, plus its smaller and lighter than my Bike, being 5'5 and not weighing much i'd rather have a lighter Bike anyway, and Honda being a good brand, plus the extra styling parts are alot nicer which I can get in the Summer.....

just seems like a better option to me instead of spending all my Summer actually fixing a Bike up, its got over 1k worth of things on it, but again just needs attention inside, might be nothing, might be something, I personally cant be arsed messing with it... its just sitting under the Cover now until I sell it.... i've seen the same Bikes, used, and they look it, selling for £1500 or near about, and thats with all standard parts on them, im not looking for that much for mine, and again it could be a simple job to sort if the person knows about Bikes, and again like you said they could make it into a decent Bike...

id just rather not waste anymore time on it, like now, been having the nice weather the past few days and I just dont want to be out on that Bike, the noises do my head in, and now with the Speedo messing up.... argh!

so if you know anyone interested.. let me know lol

2. hairyjim

hairyjim To be repaired, restored.i hope.

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    hell..must be giving ya shite if you gonna go for a complete change..im in india at the moment but if you have trouble selling it and want to get rid as bits..ide love them brakes off it complete and the clocks..loads on that bike ide love to have for a dream project..being a bit O.C.D myself,being nice seeing a tidy dash.never seen the switch gear up close but im a chrome monkey so ide have sommin a bit more shiny..but ide love to do a high tech ped with touch sensitive switches and voice control..koso speedo etc..maybe an ice..

3. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    How much you reckon I should put the Bike up for sale for?
    again im not sure how easy/hard it is to look over the insides of it,
    and like the Cam Chain was mentioned im not sure if thats easy to get to/look at/replace,
    so from what i've explained and described on what COULD be wrong,
    with over £1000 worth of stuff on it aswell....
    how much would you suggest I try and get for it?
    as you can see its a clean Bike overall,
    starts first time and runs fine, its just the noises etc which obv need sorting.

4. hairyjim

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    shame someone couldn't give it the machanical once over.
    cam chain is easy to adjust.other noises need an ear over the lump.stick a screw driver onto the areas that might rattle and put your ear on the handle.like a stethascope..your hear the noise better.the oil seep/leak could mean head gasket blowing.not a hard job but not for a complete novice..do it with a few spanners and a clean space in an hour tops.as for the retail value..basic bike on the market prices plus a bit for your bits as a start ide say.but you not having it all working too..not so good resale value.be better if it all worked ..you might not get some one who wants to pay so much for a bike with the bits that are playing up.so could sell it as standard and sell The bits afer at a steady rate or wait for a richer customer that knows what hes doing and wants the same as you got.the gasket is about £4. If you change the gasket you will have to adjust the chain back anyway ..whats wrong with the koso anyway..the diagram to wire it is on ped parts.

5. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    I have no clue regarding the Speedo,
    I was out and all of a sudden the speed stopped....
    I pulled over and checked the Sensor was still in place and it was,
    went home...
    took the casing off and checked the Wires but they're all fine, the Sensor looks fine,
    the Magnet was still on.....

I got a Magnet from a Fridge Magnet and waved it across the Sensor and the Speed showed on the Unit, so the Sensor was working at that time, and the Magnet I had in my hand was a small circle one the same size as the Magnet on the Disc so I glued it ontop so the Sensor would be closer to a Magnet, and it worked.. went back out, worked for awhile but then stopped again, pulled over, everything looked like it did..... went back home, repositioned the Sensor abit and it worked on the Unit again, its just on and off, sometimes it works, sometimes it dont, and thats just the Speed, the Rev Counter Works.....

Fuel isnt hooked up anyway, its a little annoying as I use the Journey setting to work out my Fuel, I reset it every time I fill up, when it gets to 100-110 miles I know to fill up again, but obviously with the Speed not working, it isnt clocking up the miles so im not sure on how much Fuels left!!!

Tried hooking up the Fuel wire before, as it wasnt hooked up when I got the Bike, but I cant seem to get the right wires, even my Stepdad looked over it, we seen 1 had to go onto a bit of metal on the Bike, most of mines painted over so I sanded some to show the metal and holding the wire onto it... the Fuel dial on the Unit just flashed, but then went off, so I just thought sod it, as using the journey option was easy enough anyway.

But yeah.... one thing after another, cant be arsed with it....
    I can take it to a Garage and get them to look over it but thats alot of money which im getting together for the new Bike, so not money I want to be spending, but again if someone knows about Bikes and has the time to sort it then it'll be a bargain at the end of the day, as again its a nice clean Bike, plastics are all perfect, plus all the extras added aswell... just needs seeing to inside and it would be a sweet runner!!

6. hairyjim

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    having a koso and not working would do my head in .i don't even like universal tv remotes that don't have symbols that correspond to the workings.should be easy enough from the diagram on pedparts..maybe if you hang around the local chippy long enough some lad might take a fancy to it..and have it

7. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    I've worked out the Koso wires, its just the Bike wires seem to be weird,
    like the previous owner has messed with them,
    when I got the Bike the wires were awful behind the casing,
    all unused ones were just bunched together in a carrier bag which had water at the bottom :-/
    so I spent the day tidying them up and connecting the connected ones with proper connectors,
    where as he just twisted them and used tape which was pealing,
    so its all tidy now but again the Bike wires seem to be wrong,
    I just look at it all and just think 'I cant be arsed' lol...
    I actually give up with that Bike,
    my Dad rang me earlier today asking how its going and I said I cant even be bothered going out on it anymore, the new noise it makes is really annoying, its constantly and louder when you ride faster, usually with most noises I cant hear them once im going fast and have the wind noise and Exhaust, but this new one I can, but again not sire where its coming from, i've rode around Tesco carpark where theres no Cars and have leaned over the front and sides to try and figure it out but no use.

8. hairyjim

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    bit like that with my chink bike..every day something different...cam chains are easy to fix if you ain't got too many tools..spanner and a screwdriver is usualy all you need.if the pipe is Air tight,put you hand over the end and that will eliminate that noise..then stick a screw driver on your ear and touch the end on the bits that sound the loudest .if most of the noise is at the cylinder,then chances are your chain needs adjustment .theres a nut and screw half way down the cylinder..undo the nut a bit and screw in or out on the other bit till the noise goes..wont have to turn it too far if its loose...then after you adjusted it to its quietest and a smidgin more..hold the centre and nip up the nut.if its a tick tick tick noise..tappets..spanner,feeler gauge,screwdriver.noises under the cover will be variator or rear end clutch thingy bit in need of a tighten or a shim out to sort any possible slack.if the head gasket needs sorting its not that hard either..once you see it done its less daunting..have an ear hole round it and let me know..maybe you can get it back to happier days way again.

9. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    Got a vid done a couple days ago of the Exhaust as some people have asked about it:

here's the noise I mentioned before aswell, still think its the Cam Chain?

10. hairyjim

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    sounds like a spanner on them rockers and cam chain would quieten most of that racket.tik tik tik tik..is the rockers and other noise that's standinding out is the cam chain.pipe sounds nice with the filter sucking noise too.lad with a few spanner could do that in about 1/2hr 45mins

11. hairyjim

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    Them oil patches new.?my slow network here couldn't load all the vids in so i didnt get to any popping noises.

12. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    Sorry, whats the rockers?

no oil coming out, only thing thats around the bike it some water from the pipes, well.. thats was weeks ago, on 1 vid you might be seeing soil... but no oil around.

and I didnt rev for too long, i'd need to be actually out riding and try and record it.

13. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    Rockers or Rollers?
    sorry haven't heard of Rockers....
    I wouldnt know how to get to the Cam Chain either so i'll leave it for the next person to sort.

14. hairyjim

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    rockers are in the top of the head.cam chain drives the cam round and pushes the rockers down on the valve tops..via a little gap..your gaps sound too big.tik tik tik..top cover off the head and your see them..but like you say..next buggers prob

15. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    Ah right, so from the videos you think thats the only thing is might be?
    the tapping starts once the Bikes gone abit, and the faster you go the louder you can hear it,
    the rattling though on the side is there all the time.

Selling it for £1250, had just over £1k spent on it...
    and I just seen an Aprilia Leonardo, 2006, looks crap, going for £1499 from a Dealers lol
    not sure whether to mine up higher or not,
    if the Cam Chain/Rockers is all thats the problem and it's easy to fix then it shouldnt be a problem for the next Owner to sort it or get it sorted....? fair enough the Speedo and Exhaust is the only 'issues' then but nothing thats stopping the Bike from not working, new Speedo or Sensor and thats done, and for the Exhaust im sure the person will know how to sort that, or the Garage they take it to will...

What you think on £1250 for it?

16. hairyjim

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    Seems like a good price.most of the problems can be sorted with a few spanners.if you stick to ya guns im sure somebody will take it on.a new end can is about £30 to replace or could be as simple exhaust gasket to replace.£4.max.air leeks and anything else you may be getting are easy sorted by an enthusiastic new owner with spanners and a bit of time.its a tidy looking ped from what i can see.

17. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    Yeah its really nice, i've replaced quite abit since having it, got the nicer styling parts on it and so on... it does run really well, picks up speed really fast! got to around 65mph on it but the roads aren't that long around here so haven't been able to do a long run... 45 up steep hills which I find good.. get to 50mph on normal street roads east, jets off from traffic lights and so on, just needs a little attention!

2 before and after photos, when the previous owner had it, and my most recent ones.

2.jpg 1.jpg

18. hairyjim

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    Certainly did a good job on tidying that up.bars are a 100times better looking.how the hell anyone could ride that how you got it i don't know.ive ridden a few wrecks but there was no need for it to look like that.

19. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    These are the 2 most recent pictures of it....
    selling for £900 lowest, still Tax'd and MOT'd till the end of the year,
    and by the sounds of what people have said.. to sort it will be a pretty simple job, but I dont have the patience anymore with it, and the weather now is just rain and wind so will just wait for a sell.

IMG_9980.jpg IMG_9089.jpg