Aprila Sportcity Cube 125

Discussion in 'Pictures' started by JoJo, Jul 24, 2013.

1. scootzmadness

scootzmadness Left the forum.

Rides:
    None.
    accyuklad, blue bulbs aren't illegal, its when theyre too bright and too blue that's the issue, you can still have blue xenon bulbs.

2. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    just going to whack my head off a brick wall brb..

weather the maker says it is road legal or not, they are legal up to a certain shade of blue and a certain brightness. aslong as theyre not stupidly blue or stupidly bright theyre fine.

3. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    I've just got Osram Nightbreakers, I wanted something WHITE, not Yellow or Bluey,
    and Halogen, not Xenon,
    Osram Nightbreakers I got now still got abit of Yellow to them,
    I have a White W5W Bulb in which is exactly what I want, proper White,
    but cant seem to find any Halogen WHITE ones for the main Bulbs.

These are the Osram Nightbreaker ones, as you can see they're still abit yellowy:
    IMG_7340.jpg

here is the cheap W5W Bulb I got, this is what I want for the main Bulbs, it looks proper White, no yellow or blue Tints to it (the middle bulb, not the one behind the fairing):
    IMG_7772.jpg

4. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    clues in the name.
    theyre white.

5. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    Well the Nightbreakers were supposed to be white but they aint.

6. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    you cant have it that bright wether you readjust the headlight or not! if you don't like the colour of the headlight then tough, you've done what you can. either learn to live with it or get a different bike if the headlight bothers you that much. having as bright as 5000 is just asking for trouble. you will dazzle other drivers regardless of if you adjusted headlight or not.

7. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    I might wait until the nicer weather and take it apart and have a look at it all, haven't been able to do that since buying it, think i'll stick with the Aprilia though, sounds decent, 4stroke anyway so no annoying mixing (all my Bikes have been 4stroke anyway), i'll just make do with what I got, once the new paints on then i'll probably love it anyway lol just at the moment it's looking ugly and messy, especially with the 1 panels thats been accidentally sprayed matt where as the rest is gloss, and parts of the gloss is faking off aswell, just waiting for the nice weather and I can crack on, get all the panels off, sand, primer, spray the candy red and sparkle black.... then spray the wheels.... once everythings off it i'll do around the actual Engine etc and check everything and tighten everything up and so on, get a new Speedometer aswell and wire all that up properly (one I got now isnt done properly, looks like the previous owner was abit of a tool)... so yeah, WARM WHETHER SOON PLEASE!!!!!!!!

8. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    Went out earlier, Speedo stopped working, checked the Sensor and it was still in the same place and just about touching the Magnet, yet still showing 0 on the screen, it is 1 thing after another......

Exhaust, still popping/blowing, guessing the mixture screw needs to be adjusted,
    but then again im not sure whether the previous owner upped the Jet when adding the Scorpion Exhaust...

The other side of the Bike for some reason just sounds alot more louder then it was when the Starter Motor was broken :-/ not sure why it makes the noise it does though and not sure if I can replace anything that will stop it?

Flywheel Cover, reason no bolts will stay in the bottom is because its been threaded, Bolt just vibrates out, other ones are tight but theres a weird tapping sort of sound from which sounds like inside the casing, but im not 100% sure on all that, even if I take it apart im not sure what im supposed to look at or if anything is knackered whether i'll even see...

Could take it back to the Garage and say about the Exhaust popping/blowing when slowing down, and ask about the Starter Motor side and see if he knows whats actually causing the loud rattling type noise, and obv mention the Flywheel crap... but when I took it down to do my Brake he didnt even tighten the Caliper back up, which was a little dangerous, pretty sure he swapped my new pin/spring aswell!

Not sure whether to sell up and buy a new 2013/2014 Bike, like the new 125cc Speedfight for example, or spend a few hundred+ on getting this Aprilia sorted, but being a 2008 and not knowing how many miles its done total, I might be paying out of the arse for new parts and then something else will mess up!

Basically need something so take it apart and look at it all while im there, as with the Garages, like my last one, he didnt do anything, I actually need to see whats being done, i've asked around family and friends to see if anyone knows of anyone who does up Bikes etc who can actually come over to my House or I can take the Bike to theres and I can actually be there, but... no luck!

9. Jordan727

Jordan727 Member

Kelvin rating isn't a measurement of brightness, is a colour rating. Brightness is measured in Lux.

Warm white (the yellowy white) is rated around 2500-2800 kelvin
    Natural/Neutral white is around 4000-5000 Kelvin
    Pure white is around 5000-6000 Kelvin
    and cool white (the blue white) is around 6000+ Kelvin

Ideally if you want white white you need around 5000K.

As for brightness and dazzling effect of headlights, best checking legalities regarding MOT too dull/too bright may warrant a fail but colour rendering shouldn't, as long as it's not too blue.

Taken from pistonheads.com, not sure if it helps:

10. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Can't believe there are no home based scooter/bike mechanics near you. Where do the other scooter owners go when theirs break? Might be an idea to stop and ask some of the younger lads where they take theirs. Shame you are so far away from me, then again, i'd struggle to get it in the garage at the moment, got 7 in here at the moment, all for repair. And i'm training one young lad to do his own engine, it shot the crank so was a good excuse for him to learn, get the job done and free me to carry on with other bikes at the same time as supervising him.

11. hairyjim

hairyjim To be repaired, restored.i hope.

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    the rattle could be the cam chain..simple to sort..is your pipe blowing or are you back fireing on a run or over run(quick throttle drop)

12. ziggy_tph125

ziggy_tph125 SONIC BOOOOM!!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typoon 125,
    good looking bikes man ;)

13. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    sounds like popping, I can ride as normal but then when slowing down its poppoppoppop,
    its used to just be when id be doing around 50mph for awhile and then slow down,
    but now it just seems to be all the time, even when just riding a short distance and slowing down.

Im selling the Bike now anyway,
    getting a Honda PCX...

14. hairyjim

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    do you get an intermittent power drop and a return to normal after a throttle drop and re-twist too.

15. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    Urmm not that i've noticed, no power drops at all....
    all performs well even when out on it for hours on end,
    it's always done it since I had the Bike (I didnt put the Exhaust on)
    but now it just seems to be doing it more,
    no worries anyway, i'll hopefully have it sold soon,
    and i'll mention everything about it to anyone thats interested in it and go from there.

16. hairyjim

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    could be a bit of an air leak getting worse..fire it up and squirt some wd40 about round any areas that look like they have a way in to the Carb.
    if you get smoke like crazy out the pipe .bingo...sounds like a fault i had once..turned out to be the coil and cap on the blink..worth giving it a try if you haven't already ..
    quick squirt wont take long either

17. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    This is one bit I noticed yesterday.....
    the oil thats circled, after wiping that away, the gasket (also in the circle) which I think it a rubber? when pressing that.. im pretty sure more oil 'leaks' out abit, but the bolts seem to be tight.....
    just something I noticed when checking the Exhaust part.

IMG_8716 copy.jpg

18. hairyjim

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    Hard to tell from the pic if its the issue. oil seeping out isn't anything to worry about but should be fixed a.s.a.p...keep an eye on your levels..if the leak is getting in your plug and cylinder area it ain't ganna do any good for the mixture and my not fire right and popoppp

have a squirt and see what happens

19. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    I can remember spraying some the other week around that area and my Stepdad said he seen some 'smoke' but thought it might just be coming off the pipe itself.... will have to do it again and have a closer/better look... but then again I just want it gone so I can buy the new Bike so might just leave it and just note it down when selling it so the next person can have a look over it.

20. hairyjim

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    well..if that engine was changed for one with all the go fast goodies ...that and the rest of it its got...be a bloody good bike..by the time you've added up what you are gonna spend on a new bike and all the extras your wanna put on it.. and the hit your take selling that one..might be cheaper to change the lump for a 2t and change a bit of wiring...booom.£400 will build a good fast engine for it and it will be matched in power and looks.you done a brill job so far making it look nice.time to do the lump.
    ..if it was me...