Aprila Sportcity Cube 125

Discussion in 'Pictures' started by JoJo, Jul 24, 2013.

1. hairyjim

hairyjim To be repaired, restored.i hope.

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    [qupro boom Jo, post: 305658, member: 7338"]haha tell that to my Mum scootzmadness, she's one messy biatch!
    but yeah I got a bad OCD so everything has to be neat and in its place and symmetrical etc etc, annoying![/quote]
    My ocd,s Not A problem for me..them shoes should be put away and the square pad thing on the table needs straightening though..lol.

2. hairyjim

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    Hi Jo Jo.got any pics of them middle bulbs you need.the battery shouldnt tick with a halogen bulb change..never heard of Any battery tick full stop tbh.are they the same wattage as the originals.if you jump a wire from each high and low pin on each bulb they will both come on and off at the same time.so long as there not pointing in the wrong direction it will probably be OK for the MOT.... you've got the same lights in your ceiling as I had in my hi-fi room in my old house..had a 6ft ring of them and they were very relaxing to listen to music under....didnt have any furniture in the room though cos it upsets the sound balance.ocd....not a problem so long as no one else mucks with your system.

3. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    You can see the middle bulb in this photo but not much, its a small one, I think its just the bulb with abit of plastic behind it? (not like the proper bulbs) you can see in this photo its more of the yellowy colour than the other Bulb... and the new ones are the same 12v 55w as my original ones thats why I found it a little weird, changed them and there was a constant clicking noise from the battery, turned the Bike on and off a few times and its seemed to of gone now so might keep those in, just need hat middle one in white and not yellowy, then I can put my white LED strip down the middle behind that front plastic to light up the radiator etc...

IMG_7005.jpg

through the lanes again today, I cant wait for the Summer again! puddles and mud everywhere now :-( lol
    might put my Handlebar back like it was with the Speedo behind, dont like how they're angled now, weird!

IMG_7004.JPG

IMG_6999.jpg IMG_7001.JPG IMG_7003.JPG IMG_7007.JPG

Just wondering, is there any way I can make the Handlebars lower, obv the Stem fits onto the frame, so if I chop down the frame and drill new holes for the Stem, the Bars will be lower...? seen some nice Bikes with straight Bars aswell, hmmmmmm....

4. hairyjim

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    Hi hi .Jo Jo.I think you could lower your bars like you said..but the panel on the bars would have to have the clearance so it didn't rub or look daft against the front panel.if the bearing tube top is the same diameter all the way down then you shouldn't have any bearing mounting issues.my vision one is slimmer at the top than the rest so ide need to cut/weld lower down or fit bigger head bearings into the fat tube.but I don't see any probs doing it on that head..if you use A proper tube cutter and fit the bearing straight.if you feel up to free hand cutting and take it slow ...can't see why not...them middle bulbs need to come out and took to a shop and compared to what's available.can't tell bugger all from the picture. I like your thinking...nice to see a girl with imagination and the balls to do some mods...think I'm in lerv.go for it girl..

5. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    Put my Speedo back between the Bar and Doppler Cover aswell,
    hard getting it to stay with no brackets for it lol
    cable ties and part of a bicycle reflector bracket worked though!
    need new grips aswell, these have worn badly,
    hardly been used though!
    hate the Bike in this weather lol

IMG_7191.JPG IMG_7192.JPG

6. hairyjim

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    Looks good.mines tucked up behind the shed for next six months while in in India.whoo hoo..sun sea and cheap nosh

7. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    Got my new Grips and Mirror...
    put the new Osram Bulbs in aswell and theres no clicking sound which is good :)

IMG_7315.JPG

8. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    Sorted the Bulbs today, now the 2 main ones are either both on or both off :)
    the small middle Bulb is always on but isnt that bright anyway,
    only problem is the 2 I had free when getting the Osram Bulbs were yellowy,
    I found that Osram do a 'cool blue' so i'll get them, £8 something for 2, obv only need 1 but ah well,
    put the LED strip in aswell, thought it was bright white but looks blue, ah well,
    shines up the inside good even in the daylight, lights up the radiator...
    hopefully it doesnt look too stupid in the night...
    have 2 of the white nightbreakers on, then the middle yellow, and then a blue led strip :-/
    but we'll see....

IMG_7340.jpg IMG_7342.JPG

9. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    I havent passed my full test, just on the CBT, think im going to redo the CBT this year for another 2 years and then in 2 years time i'll get a more bigger Bike after trying my neighbours big geared one in the Summer.... L Plate doesnt bother me though, since I put it above the Number Plate I dont really notice it, and I dont ride on Motorways either and no passengers so the CBT is fine for me and the guy passed me with just 15 minutes of being out, easy and quick day, dont think my full test will be that easy as im not so good with remembering Signs etc etc but will sort that in 2 years :)

10. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    I've never had one, Police have passed me alot, nothing gets said, MOT guy didnt say anything, if Police mention it i'll say I had a Magnet one on but it must of came off :)

scubabiker likes this.
  11. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

i liked the bike on the first pics, i think monster stickers look shit, i see them on every moped that comes in the workshop, just tacky if you ask me. i never had front l plates before i passed my test, some police are funny about it tho. about the bars, you could get some dropped ace bars, could look quite cool

12. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    Yeah im not too fused on the Monster ones, they were the only ones I could find with the Yellow on thats exactly like the Yellow on my Bike, im resprayed it all soon and most prob just have a couple Stage6 ones like this (my bike that I coloured on photoshop, not having the mudguard or front plastic red though).

IMG_5401.jpg

13. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

yeah that looks cool, black wheel stripes will really finish that off

14. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    So much for that LED Strip being White lol major f*cking blue more like!
    dont like it, got nothing else blue on the Bike apart from the Speedo Light!

IMG_7585.jpg IMG_7583.JPG

15. hairyjim

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    Looks alright to me.

16. Jordan727

Jordan727 Member

Usually the white LED's come in 2 or 3 varieties of white:

Cool White- blue looking, like you have
    Neutral White- White-est white
    Daylight white- Yellowy white like sunlight/streetlights.

Used to work for a company selling LED lightbulbs and fittings.

Apprently the best quality LED's are CREE and Epistar, cost a bit more, but when you compare the colour rendering to a cheapo chinese one there is a great deal of difference (as well as variation in the claimed wattage, and cost savings if using them for domestic/commercial use, not for automotive decoration)

As a general rule of thumb a 7w LED bulb is equivalent to a 60w+ bulb. I've personally tested the neutral white in my house, very bright and look awesome!

17. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    Yep its annoying, I got a cheap chinese W5W Bulb and thats WHITE!!!
    I got the Nightbreaker Osram Bulbs which said bright white but looking at them next to the chinese one now they're more yellowy..
    and the LED Strip which is 'white' its just on some next level blue lol
    so yeah, 3 different colour 'whites' on the Bike.

18. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    I cant wait to get my Bike resprayed and sorted,
    just got the Stage6 decals for it,
    (going to do it like the above photoshop picture)

thinking of buying a new Handlebar,
    mines a little annoying as I have this one and cant really use that black bit for anything,
    atleast with the normal Bars I can still use the strengthening Bar for a mount:

IMG_7192.JPG

so thinking of getting a normal Bar, and a red Stem,
    going to get rid of all the Carbon stuff,
    already selling those Carbon Grips and the Carbon Mirrors,
    i'll then sell that Str8 Carbon Stem once I get a new one,
    and take the Carbon Vinyl off everything and just spray them instead,
    I cant get the Vinyl looking good so i'll leave it....

this is the Stem i'll get:
    Screen Shot 2014-02-12 at 02.38.35 pm.png

and a bar like this (but this is carbon, i'll just get a black one)
    Screen Shot 2014-02-12 at 02.38.42 pm.png
    was thinking of getting red again but as you can see on the above image... it kind of looks messy i think, especially with the black mounts on it and so on, so i'll just get a black Bar then those mounts wont stand out so much.

Just need the nice weather so I can respray everything :-(

regarding the actual Bike itself, running, not sure whether its me but seems a little annoying lately, taking a little longer to reach a decent speed and so on, might just be due to the wind aswell though....

only other thing is the Speedo, im HATING that one on there, its so chunky and the connection box on the back is big and just annoying! but dont really want to spend alot on a Speedo, eventhough I dont need the rev counter etc, just the speed and either the fuel or travel clock... but again dont want to spend loads on one.

Hopefully get it looking like this at the end.... or near enough! (mug guards staying black though)
    IMG_5401 2.jpg

19. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    New colour way for the Bike, which im sticking to!
    also got my Stage6 Stickers today, still have to wait weeks for the weather to get better though :-(

IMG_5401 1.jpg IMG_8196.jpg

20. hairyjim

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    paint scheme looks good,nice red that.on the subject of bar mounts...find a man (or woman) with lathe and have one made to your size.if i still had mine it would take about an hour cos it was a little manual one.. big old jobby can turn it and have it in your hand in 20 mins tops.nice piece of aluminium and paint or anodise later.