Anyone actually been pulled over ?

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by MR C, May 15, 2012.

1. 4strokerunner2005

4strokerunner2005 Member

Rides:
    gilera vxr200
    so u under took the lorry?

2. J4CK

J4CK Member

Rides:
    Piaggio NRG 172
    I know but there was no need for him to say "so dont fucking lie"

3. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Been on my scooter Apr12 to now/never been stopped-caught out once by bus lane cam.Came close to wiping my a..... with it fore/sending it off and washing my hands of it.No the police generally have'nt a clue,heard rumours in the wind about portable roadside dynos.P.S., a pretty good way for them to prove something is to FOLLOW-YOU and they are'nt always in marked cars the sneaky sods just keep your eyes open ...

4. A-LY

A-LY Active Member

after a week of having my bike i was getting a bollocking for an unrestricted bike...

ive got a switchable restrictor now though, so if anyone wants to test it theyre more than welcome.
    then when they realise it does 28mph down a hill and has 2bhp, i can laugh at them!

mikeyg2012 and topbud21 like this.
  5. patwk03

patwk03 Member

Rides:
    yam neos 50/yam cw70
    i got followed then i went to fill up and he pulled in and questioned me about my bike
    my bike was shitlagged with mud as i was gooning at a field car park and he was conserned i had been rideing in a local forest next he made me rev it on the stand to see whether it was "to loud" being a endy shit pipe it was not loud he also asked about my speedo as it a aftermarket one mounted in wood and asked me to show him it worked then lastly he said my L plate was in a bad position on the shock and asked me to move it or buy a new one but after this he was cool and saw a gopro mount asking me why i had it and saying he had one then he left i was polite and he was back so nothing happened but if i was a dick he said i could have been fined and 3 points for the L plate

6. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Polite,like that,you're no dummy,sometimes you just have to suck it up and let them get on with it.Watch the back-chat,they love it
    gives them a reason to 'find' things.

7. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

i got pulled for: wheelying through a set of lights at 50mph. accelerating up a hill to fast. 70mph in a 30mph zone. no points, no fine.
    when i wheelied through the lights the copper was unmarked, and followed me home. the accelerating up a hill was just an anal copper, he followed me and told me i needed to use a higher gear (its a 2t twin and only moves at 5000 rpm). the 70mph thing was like 3am in cambridge and it was a straight road with good lighting.

8. lee mason

lee mason Active Member

Rides:
    suzuki rg125 gamma
    when i got pulled at 56 in a 30 the copped looked straight at my old malaguti phantom and started telling me how stupid i was the invalidating my insurance and license by having sports exhaust a hes reported me and i got 3 point but he didnt seem to clued up as he asked if my ped was geared WHAT A DRIP!!

9. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    They don't have to be clued up mate their in charge.The secret is to bite your lip,let them get on with it,walk away the same person you were before you met them,not having learned a lesson but not giving the b*****ds the satisfaction next time.

scubabiker likes this.
  10. Burridge

Burridge Ambulance selfie King

Rides:
    MZ TS125 #swag
    3 points and £220 fine?!
    Oh shit! I took my front L off and my rear one fell off.
    Best get them back on :(

scubabiker likes this.
  11. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

yeah the times i got pulled i didnt have front l plate, but i just say "i dont have a front numberplate, didnt think i needed an l plate" soon i wont tho! (as soon as the snow buggers off so i can rebbok my test)

12. Burridge

Burridge Ambulance selfie King

Rides:
    MZ TS125 #swag
    My rear L was on a bracket on my transmission cover, so when it fell off I bent the bracket back so if I get pulled over I can say some chav pulled it off when I was parked up somewhere and I haven't got round to replacing it ahaha
    As for my front one, I think I'll use your excuse ;)

13. jim231187

jim231187 Member

ive been pulled over with my mate on the back of my peugeot elyseo 50. He got out of his car all smug and asked me straight away if i had a full license to carry a passenger i have got a full license so that obviously pissed him off coz he couldnt write me a ticket and replied to me "it aint cool is it, taking people on the back of that" i wanted to say to him what are you the fcucking fashion police but knew that wouldnt get me anywhere so after he checked my tyres etc he let me on my way. What a prick!!!!

14. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Ditto

15. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Engine sticking out - ha ha ha - sheer class that.

16. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Roadside mot's,aah......... :)........memories :).

17. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Little check up on moped law myself!,as tech. its class as a powered bycyle only a visible line needs be seen-tread depth is immaterial,though careful you might get a copper who's areal a/hole,and make your life his new mission statement!.

18. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

ive checked this myself, the vosa handbook for road legal requirements for a motorcycle (mot book) states that a moped must have clearly visible tyre tread, this means that you can legally just use a crayola and draw on your tread. i myself like at least 3mm

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  19. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    I used to wear my l-plates with great pride,looking forward to the day
    i could take them off/tear them in half/gently lay on the ground,and do
    a jimi hendrix!.

20. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Thanks for the update,the source i gleaned from said essentially it just needed to show tread had been present/base tread started from as moped/mc laws varied.trying to be as responsible concerning tyres as i can and would prefer them to be better,that spares supplier i ordered my new ones from is so not gonna
    get another order,taking forever