any one ever vinal wrapped a ped ?

Discussion in 'Visual Modifications' started by charliemcmurray5, Mar 3, 2013.

1. charliemcmurray5

charliemcmurray5 Member

says it all in the tittle

2. typhoon1234

typhoon1234 Member

Yea gave it ago once but gave up after 15 mins.lol...just to time consuming for me...heard a heat gun is very usefull..let us know hw u get on mate

3. lee mason

lee mason Active Member

Rides:
    suzuki rg125 gamma
    ive tryed with a heat gun and give up after half an hour its hard but i should think it looks good though

4. charliemcmurray5

charliemcmurray5 Member

Really want to do it I just think my jog would look mint all black with white wheels :D

5. lee mason

lee mason Active Member

Rides:
    suzuki rg125 gamma
    nah keep it yellow it looks nice as it is

6. charliemcmurray5

charliemcmurray5 Member

Yeah that's when I got it its looking shabby now and I reckon the wra p will be the easiest way to hide a few sins

7. typhoon1234

typhoon1234 Member

It does look nice when its been wrapped..i just decided to buy evo panels for mine tho...ya cud give it a go eh...

Tins81 likes this.
  8. charliemcmurray5

charliemcmurray5 Member

evo pannels ?

9. charliemcmurray5

charliemcmurray5 Member

and any photo/links of a wrapped scooter ?

10. typhoon1234

typhoon1234 Member

Just google moped wrapping...some images should pop up...evo panels are for a gilera runner mate..but i got them cheap so thats why i didnt wrap mine as had new 1s

11. charliemcmurray5

charliemcmurray5 Member

ahh fair enough mate as you can tell im no mastermind when it comes to peds :p

12. bikerbeynard

bikerbeynard Luke

Rides:
    gpr 125 ,mbk rocket,
    Ive wrapped my moped with vinyl black and carbon fibre some pics...... 20121027_182519.jpg 20121027_181959.jpg

13. typhoon1234

typhoon1234 Member

How long did it take..was it difficult?

14. mikeyg2012

mikeyg2012 New Member

Just carbon wrapped a NRG it was a nightmare had a heat gun swell, ended up just wrapping the back panels and painting the front fairing

15. Edgar

Edgar Active Member

its very hard u get them air bubbles and there is so much of them i tried to do my car bonnet in carbon .. didint happen

16. typhoon1234

typhoon1234 Member

Yea it is hard. But can see why ppl try after seeing how it looks on youtube clips.

17. vivapower

vivapower Member

Rides:
    Peugeot vivacity
    im think bwt doin the panel above the lights as i just got sum carbon wrap n im hoping it lives up to what it says "no air bubbles" but i cant c how that works lol might do the rear one aswell dont no yet

18. kylespeedfight

kylespeedfight Active Member

Rides:
    New Gilera Runner 70
    id love to do some panels on my ludix, but just dont understand how you get the vinyl round a corner or roun surface without it creasing?

19. vivapower

vivapower Member

Rides:
    Peugeot vivacity
    With great difficulty lol

20. Thatcharliebre

Thatcharliebre Member

yeh i did centre of mine and a few tit bits. dpeending on the panel it can be VERY hard. i did mine in black glitter i dont see point in gloss and all that might aswell spray. looking to do camo next. its better if u do it with more than one person and a heat gun lol i used hair dryer, pretty frustrating and creases and bubbles ruin the look A LOT. same with air bubbles but just put a hole in the bubble. il look for some pics. btw the sharper the edges or vents or whatever, the harder it is and the way u place it matters A LOT