another aerox 70 project

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by billy #86, Dec 23, 2008.

1. billy #86

billy #86 New Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    its nothing special but thought id stick it up anyway

just picked this up off ebay a few days ago for a decent price, wasnt going to spend anything onit but you know how it is;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

itll be having a full blue paint job with white inners, all long the lines of my other rox

the engine has had a few bits done to it

stage6 pro sport 70cc kit
    full circle crank
    modded airbox
    polini carbon reeds
    malossi 3.5 rollers
    upjetted standard carb
    leo vince zx

really needs a 21mm but havnt got round to buying one yet

the lad said in the ad it needed new rings but when i was stripping it donw i found that the water pump had failed and it had overheated and scored the bore slightly, ive ordered a new piston and rings and hopefully this should be ok

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ive ordered a few bits over the past few days which should be here soon

BCD white undertray
    BCD white pillion seat
    STR8 white seat cover
    TNT rear flush indicators
    STR8 blue bar ends
    STR8 ignition lock
    STR8 belly pan
    8x6 plate
    BGM blue drain plug
    IGM blue jack up kit
    BGM number plate holder
    BGM blue engine bolt set
    RMS black side stand
    BGM blue kick start
    f+r brake pads

i started sanding some of the panels and got some primered aswell

[​IMG]

and i picked up the paint the other day aswell;)

[​IMG]

ill be shot blasting the engine, polishing the forks and cleaning some more thing up in the next couple of days andthen ill sort the rest of the panels, then after xmas ill be painting them

thanks

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

got most of the white bits done this morning but i ran out of lacuer for the foot board and leg panel so ill finish them tomorrow

[​IMG]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

not got much done lately but recovered my seat today and took the rest of my panels to my uncle as im realy busy so im getting him to do my blue panels for me so i can geton with other stuff :D

[​IMG]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

got the stage 6 barrel honed today and its spot on so ill probs finish cleaning the engine then start building it up, hopefully should get my panels back beginning of next week :D

stripped the paint of my zx then laquer'd it and warapped it in exhaust wrap

[​IMG]

also got a few things deliverd today, still waiting for my order from scootfast as some of the bits are out of stock

[​IMG]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

got some bits back from being painted yesterday, the rest will be back on friday. also got my new malossi delta clutch today ;) :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

got it into a roller today, still need to put the top end on but ill do that on wednesday when my new piston comes, and im giving it a clean tomorrow

sorry about the crap pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nibs got me going on the fibreglassing today :w00t:

[​IMG]

just smoothed the holes on my undertray and added holes for my indi ;)

and then painted and laquered

[​IMG]

and finally got round to giving my front panel and lick of paint after stripping it back to plastics as it reacted :msn1:

[​IMG]

also added indi's to my front panel

[​IMG]

and then tryed it on for size :w00t: i think it looks pretty sweet like that ;)

[​IMG]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

got it built tonight;)

dont laugh at the front panel :w00t: im still waiting for my order from scootfast which should be here on about the 30th

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i slid off it today :( :( :emb: :emb: :emb: :emb: :emb: :emb:, was riding down a road and my mate waved me over so i was turning round and the corner was wet and i when i was turning the back wheels slid out and i dropped it :w00t:

not much damage just a few scratches on my belly pan and one side panel

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

got my manual choke for my 20.5 today so stuck it on and also got my 16 quid bidalot yesterday

20.5 with malossi e13
    [​IMG]

i had to cut a whole in my seatbucket for the choke
    [​IMG]

then put my bidalot on
    [​IMG]

and how the bike stands now, i only rode my other rox with a 20.5 on and ive been riding this with the 12mm on :w00t: and you sure can tell the differance in carbs
    [​IMG]

when my order comes from scootfast the panels that need repainting will be getting painted then the other parts will be going on and its getting sold ;)

finally got my order from scootfast after a month and a half of waiting :rtfm:

theyll be going on later today ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

just put a few bits on while a few panels are getting repainted :w00t:

brake levers and res caps
    [​IMG]

bcd pillion seat
    [​IMG]

and the bcd mudguard i ordered needs a bracket making so ive just stuck the stock one on
    [​IMG]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

got the panels back from painting today so got them on and took a few pics;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

gone now :(

[​IMG]

2. connor

connor Active Member

nice good luck, how much did you pick it up for?

3. RY4N172

RY4N172 New Member

looks nice mate

4. billy #86

billy #86 New Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    got it for 250 mate, got 10 months tax and 3 months test

5. connor

connor Active Member

oh sweet. thatblue looks well nice.

6. Jefr0-180

Jefr0-180 Active Member

Looks like this wil be good to watch :cool:

7. billy_sr

billy_sr New Member

nice, btw iv got exactly the same work top as you (last pic) B&Q by any chance? :rofl:

8. WOLFFY

WOLFFY New Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    Looking good mate.
    I love what you do with your rox's!! :punk:

9. italjohn

italjohn Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    Looks realy promising :)

10. troublez123

troublez123 New Member

Rides:
    runner 180
    a fresh project no 1s done alot of projects lately ;) goodluck anywayz

11. Dec

Dec Active Member

Rides:
    nothing ugm

:(

12. Vesta

Vesta New Member

lmao

Billy makes the best ROX's, the ORIGINAL White and red designs.. :p

13. frainey

frainey New Member

Agreed.

Look forward to seeing this one :D

14. nibbles

nibbles Active Member

lookin good m8 i had a bike kinda that colour niceeeee. out of curiosity did u make a loss wen ya sold ya last bike?

15. billy #86

billy #86 New Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    got most of the white bits done this morning but i ran out of lacuer for the foot board and leg panel so ill finish them tomorrow

[​IMG]

16. RY4N172

RY4N172 New Member

noice :punk:

17. billy #86

billy #86 New Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    not got much done lately but recovered my seat today and took the rest of my panels to my uncle as im realy busy so im getting him to do my blue panels for me so i can geton with other stuff :D

[​IMG]

18. RY4N172

RY4N172 New Member

nice mate, you don't mess about do you :punk:

19. billy #86

billy #86 New Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    got the stage 6 barrel honed today and its spot on so ill probs finish cleaning the engine then start building it up, hopefully should get my panels back beginning of next week :D

stripped the paint of my zx then laquer'd it and warapped it in exhaust wrap

[​IMG]

also got a few things deliverd today, still waiting for my order from scootfast as some of the bits are out of stock

[​IMG]

20. RY4N172

RY4N172 New Member

nice mate some nice bits them renthals gunna look sick

i bet youve got LOADS of stickers too lool