An email from Dave Walsh (accounts manager at PM Tuning.

Discussion in 'Comments / Feedback / Suggestions' started by Blue dwarf, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Blue dwarf

Blue dwarf New Member

Directly copied from my inbox with no edits or alterations.

I invite comments .

To: <pete@tdrscooters.com>
    Subject: PM TUNING ACCOUNT
    Date: 17 June 2010 16:41

Dear Sir

It has come to our attention about some negative comments you have been
    leaving about our company, products and Paul Melici on various forums. We
    find your comments immature and unprofessional. Whilst we believe in free
    speech and never wish to censor comments on forums however true, untrue or
    misguided they are, we feel you have overstepped the mark and have therefore
    closed your trade account. I tried to contact you by phone but you didn't
    answer it.

Best regards

Dave Walsh

Manager

PM Tuning Racing Products Ltd

COMPANY REG 4366251

_____

I am using the Free version of SPAMfighter <http://www.spamfighter.com/len>
    We are a community of 7 million users fighting spam.
    SPAMfighter has removed 143 of my spam emails to date.
    The Professional version does not have this message.

2. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

Says it all really.

3. capri dave

capri dave Active Member

will it be a major blow not having a pm tuning trade account ??? :confused:cratch:

4. Blue dwarf

Blue dwarf New Member

Won`t affect us at all :p

5. capri dave

capri dave Active Member

alls well that ends well then :yahoo:

6. Blue dwarf

Blue dwarf New Member

The interesting thing is that either he (Dave Walsh) or PM Tuning (not sure if his views represent the company or not?) believes he/they have the power to censor every forum!

"Whilst we believe in free
    speech and never wish to censor comments on forums however true, untrue or
    misguided they are,"

Now I thought that was the job of the moderators of each individual forum?

I`d like to see Minor`s thoughts on this :grin:

7. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    pm tunniong would never like anyone to belive that they are trying to cencor forums, people on forums or views of there products on forums...

doesent mean they dont tho. look at all that shit last year on gilera runner.net (you know, the place owned by the idiot with 2 50cc bikes that lives 5 mins from pm tunning, who is secretly moderating every post to remove any bad word from pm for his own personal benifit.....) i was banned, for giving my honest opinion of the pm barrel... and guess what, the person who was given one to test by pm, asked to review it and talk a bit about it on there was actually a staff member, who stated implicitly he wasent...

pm are full of shit, have always bullied there way into people dropping opinions/to stop talking about there shockingly cheap shitty products. there just another company who feel there not doing anything wrong, yet are going on like mini hitler's silencing all who say bad about the bad...

fuck em. like you said there of no use to you, just be safe in the knowledge that the shack is the only big forum wiht no involvement wiht pm tunning, unlike gilerarunner.net (obviously biast) petrol/drag.com (whatever it is now, for obvious reasons paul robbinson cogh cogh) or twist & go who's magazine obviously get alot of revinue on the 4 page advert. fact is, we know all this, the general public willl have top spend money wiht them befor they know how shit they are and by then they probably wont be botherd about the scene. people who cant take negative comments shouldent put there work in the public.. its simple really, no matter how good somthing is there will always be bad feedback, so how the fuck can they quibble about people slating there PROVEN poor quality overpriced crap?

they are hypochrites, the short email clearly READS as hypocrocey. smile and sit back safe in the knowledge youve got em wound up and all they can do they have.. how long befor they start threatening to sue you for slander i wonder? there usual trick (did wiht me, lots of times, threatend with random court action) fuck em

8. Blue dwarf

Blue dwarf New Member

I`ve just sat here and been through every single post I`ve made on this and other forums...I can`t see anything that remotely looks libelous/slanderous or the least bit litigious.
    I`ve emailed Dave Walsh through Craig Earp (the guy testing their kit) and asked for exact references to where I`ve posted these comments regarding to PM Tuning and Paul Melici and await his reply.

The closest I can come to anything remotely anti-PM is my replies to his personal intervention on the "TDR Prototype" thread pages 4/5 where he questioned the independant dyno results and even then I stuck to the facts and was polite.

9. Giant_James

Giant_James New Member

Rides:
    typhoon 172
    I wouldn't worry about it mate, like you said yourself: It doesn't matter to you that much.

If they are going to start playing silly buggers, then it is only their loss. You can still source all of your parts regardless, but they are putting themselves out of your business.

To me, that email only says that he doesn't want you receiving any sub-standard parts and telling people about how bad they where. He knows that you aren't prepared just to shut up and put up with it, Which he doesn't like.

Hopefully, and it is a narrow hope I know, but just maybe enough people will see the facts about how narrow minded they are. Then people will not buy the products which are not of an acceptable standard. If all of those things happen, then PM will be forced to redesigned the bad products, using better quality materials, not cutting corners and then ending up with a better product.

Thinking about it though, with the amount of people out there who are just as narrow minded; everyone will go 'oh but it's cheap, and it must be ok' and jsut buy it anyway.