Aerox tuning

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by Jordanc611, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Jordanc611

Jordanc611 New Member

going to pick up a lc 2005 aerox later for a mere £220, just wanting some suggestions for tuning
    It has:
    70kit (stage 6)
    Bar conversion (no speedo)
    Jack up kit
    Stage 6 pro rep exhaust

He said it has a polini variator but its not made for bbk so needs a 70 one (??? Never heard of this but is he right?)
    Also has a malossi kevlar belt and some pm rollers that are new to put on, anyone suggest a decent clutch, variator and whatever else? Thanks!

2. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    if its gotta polini variator its nodowbt the polini HS , upgrade vaariators just have ramps reworked and better sometimes taller belt faces and are a little lighter than stock variators. i think what he means is with the variator its still topping out at silly mph limits and that will be due to the stock gearbox gearing ratios, nothing a gear up kit from malossi - polini - hoca wont sort out .

delta clutch g are nice but bloomin expensive, just grab a half decent 107mm clutch , reset it with some nicer springs and that kevlar belt the bikes coming with.

3. Jordanc611

Jordanc611 New Member

Ive just had a go and it literally lifts up without effort it tops out at 40mph ish so i think its just the rollers are really light tbh

4. Kieron97

Kieron97 New Member

Hi everyone I currently have a 2004 liquid cooled areox it has a stage 6 70 kit on, stage 6 crank, stage 6 pro rep exhaust, 22 mil carb and race clutch and 3.3 g rollers with the standard variator, the bike doesn't pull away fast but once it reaches a certain speed it flys, just looking for advice as I'm stuck with what could be wrong, cheers