Aerox Tuning Help

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by papillon.girl.x, Jun 13, 2008.

1. alperin

alperin Active Member

Rides:
    aerox 180cc
    lol you dnt have to register it as 70 and no1 does register it as 70 so u can be 16

2. papillon.girl.x

papillon.girl.x New Member

think ill have a 70 kit then ;)
    so when i send the log book back for the details to be changed i should just register it as 50 even though i have a 70 kit in it :w00t:

3. alperin

alperin Active Member

Rides:
    aerox 180cc
    yea mines like that so is everybody elses coz u wud probly have to pay more to the insurance and plus have to be over 17 to ride it

4. papillon.girl.x

is there anyway of resetting the mileage on an aerox?

5. monty9120

monty9120 Active Member

Rides:
    Vespa gts300
    omg dont put a 70 kit on your bike :msn1:

you know how naughty that is. what will your parents say :w00t:

6. Dec

Dec Active Member

Rides:
    nothing ugm
    resetting milage is illegal lol and MOT certificate says the milage it was last tested.

7. papillon.girl.x

does this ring around the opening have to be removed?

[​IMG]

and what are these wires for and can they be removed as they are ugly and also the round thing which the wires are connected to :(

[​IMG]

8. alexsr70

alexsr70 New Member

ok, first pic yes thats an oil seal which will need to be removed and replaced

second pic is your starter motor so unless you want to kickstart your bike all the time then yer remove it, other than that no you cant remove it

9. papillon.girl.x

well before i stripped the bike down the electric start never worked anyway. so would that wire have something to do with the kickstart not working and can the starter motor be replaced with a newer one

10. px166bajaj

px166bajaj Active Member

yes, buy a new speedo. Or wind your cable backwards with a power drill.

It's only illegal if you mislead a new owner. If it was illegal you wouldn't be able to buy new speedos.

11. papillon.girl.x

my new carb arrived today and the air filter and manifold, the manifold will not fit the carb even though the carb is 21mm and so it the manifold

12. m1ck_t

m1ck_t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    alot of shit
    use a bit of hot water and fairy with a bit of persuasion it will fit, i had to leave my manifold in boiling hot water for a couple of mins then it fit nicely

13. papillon.girl.x

whole engine is now stripped. its just the back pully which will not come of ;) cant seem to get it of in anyway. dads gonna go borrow a impact gun tommorow and try to get it of with that.

14. papillon.girl.x

where can i buy all of the wiring for an Aerox as my labrador chewed it all :( and also where can i buy the main bearings and oil seal bearings and how many do i need also what do they look like :p

15. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    stripped the engine pritty fookin well considdering you dont know what your doing :D
    all the parts you need can be found at the online shops listed in links.
    manual might be a good idea too

16. papillon.girl.x

thanks. ;) the hardest parts was the fly wheel i had to get an impact gun to get that of.
    yes like 10 mins after i posted that i found that they are all on easyparts.nl
    i am going to start taking more pictures when i am putting it back together and getting the new parts.

17. papillon.girl.x

there are still a couple of parts i cannot get of the engine

[​IMG]

the bit on the left hand side i cannot get of and also the bearings i cannot get out.

[​IMG]

please could i get help quick as i have to have this bike ready in 3 weeks for a trip :rtfm: thanks also what is the best way to get rid of dents.

18. Sw1fT

Sw1fT Active Member

Rides:
    200SX S13
    gearbox bearings arent particularly easy to get out, lots of heat is the best way