Aerox Tuning Help

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by papillon.girl.x, Jun 13, 2008.

1. J-Nitro

J-Nitro Active Member

it will work but it will be pretty pointless as youll only increase , if any , a small amount of power whereas you could have put your £50 towards a good reputable 70 kit instead

theres not much point fitting it to your 50cc kit, however it will fit fine, just need push hard to get it into the standard manifold or makle life easier and buy a 21mm type manifold

if i were you id sell the carb and put your money towards a nice juicy 70 kit or a bottom end rebuild if the motors on a high mileage

a 70cc kit is the cheapest and by far the most powerfullest £ for hp way of increasing your motors power

2. papillon.girl.x

papillon.girl.x New Member

okay i think i know all about the carb now. I also need to know how to fit a new cylinder kit and crankshaft.

i dont think i am going to fit the crankshaft but i want to know how to just in case :p

also with the spacer block for the carb is this a part that i defiantly have to have?

3. papillon.girl.x

please can you also let me know how to remove the front suspension forks on the Aerox?
    thanks!!

4. J-Nitro

J-Nitro Active Member

get a good solid hammer and wack yourself in the head with it ;)

LOL na they r a bit tricky i couldnt do it for ages, i developed a new trick which was to take out the pinch bolts they have

then the little gap will get bigger round the pinchers, but it is stil too tight so grab a solid good screwdriver (large one) and wack it down the gap of the pinchers and the gap will get bigger round the fork legs

then tap the tops of the fork legs wih a rubber hammer/mallet and twist and turn with a bit of help of wd40 if its real tight on the chrome bits downwards from left to right twisting action and it should come free lol

and yes, you deffo need the keisler spacer block if you want the piaggio style carb thing going on and a mudguard over the rear wheel unless you want your engine to suck in more crap ;)

5. papillon.girl.x

haha okay :pimp:
    how do i remove the whole suspension including the fork leg cover at the top and the thing that spins around underneath the handlebar?
    thanks

6. J-Nitro

J-Nitro Active Member

to remove the whole fork leg system its a bit of a mare but giv your self 2 or 3 hours with a few tools and youll do it

Q: why do you want to remove the yoke (top part of forks) and the legs anyway?

but anyhow ill say it once so read carefully
    -remove the leg shield black inside panel
    -remove the headlight panel and disconnect the headlight
    -removed the handle bar plastics and handle bars
    - remove the "main fairing" which sits under the headlight panel - the big one that goes around the front with two large areas eithier side, they commonly are filled with stickers such as "aerox" or "liquid cooled"

then just get a screwdriver and hammer and take the fork retaining nuts of the stem wind them left ways to take them off until they come off and the forks will drop out from inside the headstock and theyll be free

be sure to disconnet the speedo drive aswell

7. papillon.girl.x

everything is already disconnected i just gotta get the main suspension of. i want to remove it because the suspension on it is very old and rusted and i have new parts.

8. papillon.girl.x

these are the parts which i need to get of.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

there are also screws at the front which conect the ignition to the frame which have no means of taking them of, they do not have any screw holes or bolts. how do i get them of?
    thanks

9. wobbly_trials

wobbly_trials Active Member

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    you have to cut flats into them or use mole grips, they are anti-tamper bolts, to stop theives.

10. jennings1992

jennings1992 New Member

are you replacing your forks? are they the rusty bits? if you are will you sell me them?
    thanks adam

11. papillon.girl.x

yes i am getting rid of all of the suspension parts. so yes if i can get them of you can have them ;)

12. nibbles

nibbles Active Member

lol the simple sollution to any problem that may occur on an aerox lol .quote"get a good solid hammer and wack yourself in the head with it "unquote . lol love :punk:

13. papillon.girl.x

haha yeh.
    i know this is probably the simplist thing to do but how do i fit a riser kit because the shock absorber will not fit on once the riser kit is on.
    thanks

14. Dec

Dec Active Member

Rides:
    nothing ugm
    just unbolt the shock slip the jack up block underneath and bolt back on, easier with two people as one can hold the back end up

15. papillon.girl.x

probably couldnt get it on because it was only me doing it.
    please could someone let me know the name of these fairing parts and where i can buy them, the fairing part inside where your feet go, the plastic cover on the inside of the handlebar and the plastic bit that covers the oil tank i need all of those parts in kawasaki green but i cannot seem to find them anywhere. i also need to find out where to buy chromed rims for front and rear and headlights in kawa green also .
    thanks

16. Crana

Crana Active Member

17. papillon.girl.x

i have decided i am going to split my engine and replace the crank. can someone post a simple explanation on how to do this?
    thanks

18. m1ck_t

m1ck_t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    alot of shit
    the search function works wonders ;)

19. papillon.girl.x

i have actualy been searching for a while (i still am now) cannot find any description on how to do this.

20. nibbles

nibbles Active Member

try harder :w00t: