Aerox Speed Upgrade Help

Discussion in 'General Tuning' started by Luke Farmer, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Luke Farmer

Luke Farmer New Member

Hello I have a Yamaha Aerox 2012 plate and just look to see what I could do to it to make it faster without putting a 70 kit in.

What's in my ped..
    Polini Variator
    Polini Blue Shoe and Torque Spring
    Polini Race Belt
    Stage 6 3.5g Rollers
    Stage 6 Pro Rep Exhaust

What it has had done to it so far it hits around 60-62mph just looking for abit more speed without putting 70s kit as I don't like them. Thanks in advance.

2. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    truthful answer Luke from a scooter/bike tinker

70cc kits can be ok as long as you look after them they will last a long time, but most young folks are heavy on the right hand wrist so they tend to get abused. as long as you set it up right, run decent mixing oil and only use that raw power when you really need to you can eak out atleast 5000-10,000 miles from a bore kit, act like a retard and go balls to the wall its gonna last 2000 miles maybe 5000 at a push.

there is only one other way to eak out extra power without adding a bore kit but it can become very expensive , no new cyclinder or stuff like that just a bit of porting work and a re-bore with an oversized piston upgrade. the port work is port mapping where you take the port maps from say a 70cc polini kit and cut them into the stock cylinder, then you get a re-bore on the cyclinder to widen that wall a bit and add a +2 oversized piston.

the port mapping will give you more agressive port timing and the re-bore and oversided piston adds a little extra capacity , over time stock cylinders will wear and become a slight oval shape so as a cheaper alternative back in the day we would have them re-bored but the porblem then was a stock pistion did not fit so we would have the cylinder bored out by a mm or two and the you fitted an oversized piston, a little tweek on the main jet and you were back up and running again, the port mapping is just a more easy way than having a straight cut porting work done and the constant testing of the map and getting it recut until you were happy with the power.

you could grab a 70cc cyclinder, run the stock head just get some differnet spaced gaskets to sort squishband out and keep the stock cyclinder and piston that way when you re-sell it can be reverted back to a stock 50cc no problems ;)

even with the slight upgrade in power you have now and the top speed the motor just wont produce enough power to pull a gear up kit so thats the only other way to go, big bore and gear up kit mod