Aerox Sound System

Discussion in 'Visual Modifications' started by Chubz, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Chubz

Chubz Well-Known Member

Rides:
    70cc Aerox 04'
    has anyone got any relatively easy ways to make a soundboard for the aerox seat ? like what would you need to get it all working, where the wires go etc ...?

i love my music and want some choons to play instead of sticking my phone in my helmet.. i keep losing phones o_O lol...

cHeers people :)

2. u33db

u33db Member

Rides:
    Several Bikes
    Thats so dangerous listening to music while riding.

Fair enough if your driving a car becuase you have all that bodywork round you to protect you.

On a bike your far less visible and now you want to make yourself less aware of what going on round about you?

Madness!

As for the soundboard, what are you going to have that blaring away while riding??

3. Chubz

Chubz Well-Known Member

Rides:
    70cc Aerox 04'
    im not saying im gonna go round full volume all the time, or even every day, sometimes i just got bored of riding in silence and kept dropping phones..

obviously not wanting a 1000w system, just a couple of 5 inch speakers and headunit.. or even just to play whilst im at a destination :)

4. ramo

ramo GoldMember

erm its as dangerous as having a radio in your car mate, probably even less so. do you suggest he uses headphones instead lol?

a diy set up on a ped will hardly be louder than a car engine. if anything it will make you MORE noticable

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motor-Sco...ultDomain_3&hash=item3cbf9a3838#ht_4055wt_907
    one of those^, a fuse and a bit of wood is basically whats needed

5. Chubz

Chubz Well-Known Member

Rides:
    70cc Aerox 04'
    cheers fella, thats cheap too.... 10w speakers not very powerful but its not exacty gonna be a bass bike lol..

6. ramo

ramo GoldMember

remember tho a ped battery only holds likr 60-70W on a good day :eek:

7. Chubz

Chubz Well-Known Member

Rides:
    70cc Aerox 04'
    would it make any difference if i got another 12v battery ,, would it last longer?

i wouldnt be playin music 24/7 lol.. only a couple hours a day..

8. u33db

u33db Member

Rides:
    Several Bikes
    No, a "soundboard" will just make him a source of annoyance for anyone hes within earshot of.

And I wouldn't recommend he listens to anything, phone or headphones or anything while riding.

You need full concentration if riding a bike to avoid accidents.

You need it in a car as well but the fact you're protected by 1000+kgs of bodyshell means when it all goes wrong you can get away with it. Also in car you don't have a speaker/headphone directly in your ear then a bloody big helmet over the top to muffle the outside world even more.

Put it this way if he had an accident and mowed a kid down do you think the cops will say "ah well, it was unavoidable" if they find hes listening to his "choons"?

Each to their own though!

9. ramo

ramo GoldMember

erm i guess a 125 battery or something might help...you only really charge the battery at full throttle tho and i wouldnt be suprised if it still died every few days...there isnt much ' spare' electric power on peds as such and youll find you get dim lights ect

all fair points tbh.

you see goldwings/touring bikes ect that come with stereos as standard though, im pretty sure if they were actually useable on small peds (and wouldnt just get stolen) alot of them would come with them.

when youre on a noisy 2t you cant hear for shit anyway and there are plenty things more distracting than 20W of music coming from underneath you..in fact i reckon singing in your head is easily more distracting...

10. OZZ

OZZ Member

Rides:
    H 100 HONDA
    Surley its easier to just sing or rap or beatbox or whatever while your riding. Ive often been yelling system of a down songs at 100mph on my fzr 1000 and no one can hear you:eek:

11. ramo

ramo GoldMember

yeah i just use one earphone personally, mostly just for some noise...i dunno about you lot but if i actually concentrate on what im listening to i easily end up dancing while riding and shit lol not ideal

12. phil.s

phil.s Active Member

13. Chubz

Chubz Well-Known Member

Rides:
    70cc Aerox 04'
    they're a bit more expensive too lol....

only wanted to spend about 20 /30 as iv got speakers and cables/wires just the music power source and battery side of things really id need :)

14. Diesel

Diesel Member

speedfight 3?

15. ramo

ramo GoldMember

yeah forgot about that ^

16. Diesel

Diesel Member

17. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

I always ride with music in one ear and have done for years. Actually being able to hear things is pretty much irrelevant apart from when it comes to emergency services but your music is never going to be loud enough to drown that out. It's all about seeing.

I do however have a full licence and I've been riding for years so it may not be the best thing for young riders if you have a hard time concentrating in the first place.

18. Chubz

Chubz Well-Known Member

Rides:
    70cc Aerox 04'
    i see where your coming from, its probably not the best option to go for..... might just get a decent set of earphones and an ipod.... seems a bit safer, i only use 1 earphone aswell so i can still hear everything thats going on around me...

19. Tomsy

Tomsy Member

Hey!
    I've got a 'sound system' in my Aerox. Absolutely love it!! :)

It's an Alpine Headunit with iPod connectivity and 2 Type S Speakers. Sounds great and with me neon going to music looks pretty smart too! :D lol.

Only had to modify the standard radio loom slightly to run a switch so that I can turn off th power from the battery and thats it.

I'll get some better pics but as I've only got this one on me photo bucket which is abit dark.
    Enjoy! :D

[​IMG]

20. Canning1337

Canning1337 Scooter Tuner

Rides:
    Yamaha Aerox 50
    That looks pretty beast!! Optic Parts DF do a pre-made sound board for the Aerox. But it's another thing about buying it, as I'm not sure about where you can purchase it. If I find out I'll post it on here! =D

UPDATE*
    Here's the link to Optics soundboard!
    http://goo.gl/9uRBB