aerox noob question lol, roller weights

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by RojAEROX, Oct 3, 2008.

1. RojAEROX

RojAEROX New Member

just about to get my TT, what weight rollers come with it? and will they be any good in a otherwise standard aerox? if not what weight should i buy

cheers lads

2. Chris #101

Chris #101 New Member

I think there 4.3g rollers that come with it and yellow clutch springs, fit both and it will work a treat :cool:

3. m1ck_t

m1ck_t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    alot of shit
    as far i know and had experience with, the rollers that come with pipes are always a touch too heavy.

4. RojAEROX

RojAEROX New Member

hmm well ill go with what comes with it and go from there. ive been riding it with too heavy rollers for a while now so im sure it wont be too bad. would be nice to have it set up correctly though.

5. RojAEROX

RojAEROX New Member

oh and will i have to do the clutch springs? will it run shit with the standard onees? have never done it before so just wondering iff its necessary or not

6. Dec

Dec Active Member

Rides:
    nothing ugm
    no its just be sluggish to 5mphish then kick in, stiffer spirings would eliminate this prob ;)

7. RojAEROX

RojAEROX New Member

ahh thats what my mates aerox is like, cheers for the help :beer: am about to get it now

8. RojAEROX

RojAEROX New Member

right pipe now on and i turned it on to test it and there is nooooooo acceleration AT ALL lol. so im guessing the 4.3g rollers are way to heavy. so what should i go to? 3.8g?

i havnt upjetted or changed the clutch springs but i didnt think that was a neccesity?

9. Jamie

Jamie Active Member

Rides:
    xt660x, 200sx s14a
    :wallbash:

10. RojAEROX

RojAEROX New Member

kk mate cheers for your help :beer:

11. Jamie

Jamie Active Member

Rides:
    xt660x, 200sx s14a
  12. Chris #101

Chris #101 New Member

no, put in what it comes with ;)
    have you put the springs in? have you taken the cone restrictor out?

13. Aerox-lad

Aerox-lad New Member

you dont have to upjet mate. try slightly lighter rollers and id whack blue malossi springs in there. i ran a zx with standard springs standard jet and 4.5g rollers it ran ok bt was slow off the line.

14. DYS VTR

DYS VTR New Member

Rides:
    skanky cRaKwhoR3s
    id up jet by 1 or 2, green clutch springs and 4 gram rollers should be nice, if u dont want to do the clutch springs, id try 3.8 grams and upjet by 1 or 2 stll

15. RojAEROX

RojAEROX New Member

cheers lads :up: ive bought 3.7g rollers. will see how that is and then go about upjetting i think

16. Aerox-lad

Aerox-lad New Member

if it runs fine dont bother upjetting my aerox ran fine as i said my mates also running a zx with stiffer springs and lighter rollers no upjet.