Aerox Engine Noise

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Ghost0s, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Ghost0s

Ghost0s New Member

Hi Guys could tell me what the prob and how to fix it please
    the noise start to get rough when i lean the bike on the engine side

2. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Have you tried taking the belt cover off and having a look?

3. Ghost0s

Ghost0s New Member

Yep everything looks normal !!

4. Richard Hartley

Richard Hartley New Member

As your exhaust got a heat shield if so are the bolts correctly seated and tightened up. ? I had a very similar noise when I cornered at low speed turned out that I had not installed one of the heat shield bolts correctly and it was flapping. Also when you had the belt cover off did you give the crankshaft a jiggle to see if the drive side crank bearing had any play in it. Another thing to check is for any looseness in the kick start system as it seems more like a vibration of something that come lose than an engine or drive problem.

5. Ghost0s

Ghost0s New Member

by the way this problem started when i changed the piston and rings my exhaust has no heat shield

6. Richard Hartley

Richard Hartley New Member

Umm still a puzzle but I don’t think it’s anything to do with your new top end. Unless it’s a clearance issue with you squish. But that would be a constant clacking noise and not effected by tilting the bike. TBH the only thing I can suggest now would be to get yourself a long wooden pole like a broom handle that’s sound conductive. With one end stuck in your ear touch the other end to several areas of you bikes engine and casings where you think the sound is coming from. Where the sound is loudest is the area you should concentrate your checks on.

After a little think about your problem it sounds a bit like a bearing some where around your torque driver. It could be worn bearing on your primary gear causing the torque driver and clutch to slide back and forth. Take the case off and give the torque driver a jiggle there should be a little bit of play in the bearing but nothing massive. Also check the bearing in the belt case if its got one for play and wear.

7. Ghost0s

Ghost0s New Member

thnx i'll see