Aerox cut out once again!

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by SupaRox, Apr 25, 2012.

1. SupaRox

SupaRox Member

Rides:
    Aerox
    Hey there guys

Today I rode my Aerox to school where it was subjected to heavy rain for a few hours. When leaving the bike started up on the first kick, I'll let it warm, as always, and then was on my way. The journey involved no thrashing and I tried to avoid large puddles. I rode about 1/2 a mile, began to slow down and the bike cut out and stopped! Tried kicking over nothing happend?

The spark plug gets wet
    The air filter is dry
    I think there is a spark, but my battery is fairly flat and couldn't use the kickstart and hold the plug!

The bike seems like it wants to start, as every time I kick it the lights come on for a second then it dies again. One of the times it started for about 5 seconds and then died. Which makes me think its not too bad!

Would a dodgey spark ug cause this?

2. Princey

Princey New Member

Rides:
    1992 Yamaha SR125cc
    This sounds Strangely like my Old Suzuki AP 50. I used to have to Kick the damn shit out of it to ever get it going But it all started with it just Bogging out. Or cutting out, it might be your Piston rings. Loss Of Compression. This can cause it to bog and die, and eventually not start!

3. SupaRox

SupaRox Member

Rides:
    Aerox
    Would that happen all of a sudden? I'm gona grab a new spark plug just incase, as this was the issuse a few weeks ago, and my friend replaced it with an old one.

This morning I tried kicking and it again seemed like it wouldn't to run! There is some pressure when I push down the kickstart!

How much would it cost to replace the rings? And how hard is it? The bike is being sold next week so I need to fix asap, and as cheap as I can!

Thanks

4. ramo

ramo GoldMember

Check you actually have a good spark before rebuilding the piston tbh.

5. CA Zip tuning

CA Zip tuning Member

I cleaned my carb when this exact thing happened to me it worked for about 2 months and now its fucked again.

6. roxy boy

roxy boy Well-Known Member

Rides:
    roxi
    has no one thought of water in the fuel

....empty your tank
    clean your carb and rince the tank with petrol and try it then

7. FiddyRox

FiddyRox Well-Known Member

Rides:
    Aerox, CRF450, YZ125
    Rode mine to school yesteryear, exactly the same happened.

Drain your carb, and connect everything back up and suck the vacuum hose to fill the carb up with fuel again (water in the carb)

Also, take off your airbox, your filter is probably wet ;)

8. SupaRox

SupaRox Member

Rides:
    Aerox
    I hope it is just water problems! How would I go about draining the fuel and the carb? Sorry for the newbie question, but I just don't wanna cause any more damage as it is gettingsold next week!

Thanks for all of the advise btw

9. roxy boy

Rides:
    roxi
    pull the pipe off the carb

and suck on the vaccume or take the tank off

10. SupaRox

SupaRox Member

Rides:
    Aerox
    Just charged my battery to do the plug check and seems to spark on orangey spark? It looked like it had water residue on it? So I guess flush the tank and carb put fresh petrol in?

Thanks

11. roxy boy

Rides:
    roxi
    im 99% sure it will be ....

ypu should always check the simple things first and you will always find your problem

these are

fuel
    ignition
    air

12. tommo10

tommo10 Member

Rides:
    aerox70 kx250
    i've had this a few times with my aerox, one time it was that the reeds were knackered, another time my jet had somehow come loose in my carb and was in my float bowl, and the last time it happened was because of a faulty spark plug cap which wouldnt fit tight on my plug.

13. roxy boy

Rides:
    roxi
    well what you said about heavy rain it sounds to me like water in your fuel

it happened to me plenty of times

14. oliwest

oliwest Member

Rides:
    aerox road legal pit
    Itll be water in your fuel it always happend on my rox. Used to start first kick then itd die 2 seconds later. Used to have to empty my carb every day :/