Aerox build up

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by waxhead, Aug 18, 2008.

1. waxhead

waxhead Member

Well it turned up today its going to be a nice streeter with a c16 motoforce cylinder
    inner rotor
    v-force reeds
    ported cases etc
    Not going to build in a hurry but its going to be done right

Im looking for a set of cases for an aerox so i dont have to tale this off the road to build the engine
    if you have some and want to sell then please let me know
    [​IMG]

2. Dec

Dec Active Member

Rides:
    nothing ugm
    wow thats mint, btw wax, the pm x tech kits and the motoforce racing are exactly the same, i think the pms are cheaper though, but still not very highly rated kits. seriously unreliable..

3. waxhead

waxhead Member

Thats a shame as i already have it
    Is that the alloy 70cc cylinder

What was going wrong with them ??

if its the coating then its an issue other than that it will be extensivley ported anyway so its not going to be to much of an issue

4. Dec

Dec Active Member

Rides:
    nothing ugm
    well every part of the kit is identical to the pm kits, and i no people who have been through like 3-4 of these kits each, nice revvy barrels and are quite grunty they just dont seem to last very long, pm recommend using 'thier' bearings which shatter up the side of the barrel (ive got a pic somewhere) and they recommend using light premix along with the oil pump??

5. billy_sr

billy_sr New Member

just lately billy #86 (i think) has the same kit and his has overheated twice and the heead gasket gone..... might not be down to the kit, but just a heads up ;)

6. waxhead

waxhead Member

ok wow not good
    We used to have a lot of issues with crank bearings etc on the kawasaki jetskis

ceramic bearings fixed that issue , i will be running them on this as well

i will watch the temp but i am using a fully programable ignition so i can control engine heat like that

7. Dec

Dec Active Member

Rides:
    nothing ugm
    could you explain to me how racing ignitions work please mate, i havnt heard much on them :D what are the differences/advantages/disadvantages. cheers

8. waxhead

waxhead Member

OK no issue

When your at idle or lower rpm with larger carbs , porting pipes etc
    the engine is well below the ppwer band and its effciency is very low meaning the dynamic compression is low
    With a programable ignition you can throw alot of ignition timing into it .
    the greater timing helps the engine over the weak area and into the power band
    When the pipe starts to get closer to its point of greater efficeny then you start to pull the timing out as the dynamic comprssion has gone up and you will get detonation if you dont

basically it allows you to tune to the characteristics of your engine

also another effect of a lot of timing down low is you can run a rich low speed jet and the advanced timing will burn it
    this means the second you crack the throttle there is petrol already there
    the excessive fuel also cools the crank cases and gives you a big torque hit off the line ( front wheel lifting stuff) (insert a yeah baby)

Dynamic compression is what your engine is actually seeing as oppsed to static compression which is worked out as a mathmatic calculation

also be removing timing from the engine up top you can also heat up the exhaust chamber
    The sonic wave runs faster in a hot chamber than in a colder chamber and so it allows your engine to rev on
    This how ever makes the engine run hotter if it gets to hot i would ethoer add more fuel to cool it or put some timingback in to it
    When you get to the point where you can no longer heat the pipe anymore and the engine has reved past the pipe power peak you can also put more timing back into it and get the engine to rev on more as well

Cory Cole-Wilkins likes this.
  9. Dec

Dec Active Member

Rides:
    nothing ugm

thanks for that mate :beer:

10. waxhead

waxhead Member

no prob
    i hope it made sense

11. m1ck_t

m1ck_t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    alot of shit
    nice piece of info right there, thanks waxhead

12. Dec

Dec Active Member

Rides:
    nothing ugm
    yea man i get you, the only hard part is my brain refuses to take in half the shit i read so have to go back up and read it again lol

13. waxhead

waxhead Member

well i just did a major order with scooter centre so i have my pipe clutch etc coming so things hsould start happening soon
    it should go half decent with the city 16 motoforce cylinder 21m and v-force
    I am going to use my inner rotor on it as every one just seemed to want to steal it for a price and i thought fuck that

Will put it together in the next month as i am on holiday for 2 weeks then

14. Dec

Dec Active Member

Rides:
    nothing ugm
    cant wait :D make sure you get some vids ;)

15. DYS VTR

DYS VTR New Member

Rides:
    skanky cRaKwhoR3s
    nice 1, cant wait to see this scoot go

16. Dec

Dec Active Member

Rides:
    nothing ugm
    waxhed, which exhaust will you be running, hopefully the one you made/making? (havent heard anything about it)

17. waxhead

waxhead Member

I will be going for a city 16 to start with

but i will be working on the pipe i have been playing with in the future
    Im just not happy with the rolling method i am using at the moment
    Its not making them smooth enough
    I will keep working on that

18. Dec

Dec Active Member

Rides:
    nothing ugm
    surely its only the inside of the pipe that matters, or is this the problem?

19. waxhead

waxhead Member

your right it is the inside
    but the taper is as bad on the inside as it on the outside
    I will keep working at it
    I wouldnt making some and trying them out on the race track
    I have a roller but not a taper roller

20. Dec

Dec Active Member

Rides:
    nothing ugm
    good luck with it, are you making a custom can or are you going to 'borrow' 1 from a diffrent exhaust?