Aerox accleration issues

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by Husky510, May 14, 2012.

1. creamsodauk

creamsodauk Ped Ped!!

Rides:
    Runner 125 SP
    you mention it idles at 4k, disconnect the throttle cable and see if it drops, if not then somethings wrong carb wise, jetting, leaks etc

as for the clutch and pulling away, i dont think its so much jetting related, as your saying the bikes moving at low rpms when pulling away.

if the carb was set up wrong it would still need to rev right up to engage the clutch if its set supper stiff. but your saying its able to engage slow. Try the stock clutch and see how it alters the way it runs.

lastly yes if you have lost top end after fitting the torque spring pop it back out as its not allowing the belt to open the pulleys up fully.

2. Husky510

Husky510 Member

i have sorted it out really nice now... clutch engages at 8000rpm and pulls away nice and powers all the way to near 110kph.... what i dont understand is why the streetrace kit is known to be wheelie city... and i am no where near pulling wheelies.... I have the streetrace kit, 19mm dellorto, light rollers, clutch comes in late... and still nothing doing!!!

3. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    The gear up kit will stop the wheelies it's probably about 20% overgeared, unfortunately you cant have it both ways.

4. Husky510

Husky510 Member

NEW problem!!! Need help!!!

Did a routine check on my streetrace kit (check rings etc)...

Now when I originally put the streetrace in, I removed a chinese version 70cc to make way for the streetrace. On the chinese version I used a very small shim gasket to lower the squish rate.

When I fitted the streetrace, I thought I may as well just leave the shim gasket on... so I did.

Today when I removed the cylinder I thought I would remove the shim gasket, and check squish once and for all. Squish rate was fine with it removed.

I now run it without it...

Now the problem I have!!!!!.....

It use to rev to 12,000rpm... it now rev's to 13,000rpm... which for me is very excessive for a streetrace... surely the raise in compression couldnt have given the cylinder kit an extra 1,000rpm.

What I would like to know is what everyone else streetrace kits RPM peak at... and would anyone care to shed some light on this situation.

5. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    I dont have a rev counter so I cant say, however the pedparts blog contain a graph which only goes to 12000 revs and the streetrace is still there at those revs although dropping power as it's out of it's powerband.
    If your bike is set up right and it reached 12000revs whilst low on compression and power due the use of a shim the an extra 1000 revs is possible.
    Might also be the cause of the bike not wheelying.

6. Husky510

Husky510 Member

Don't rub it in Mr. Bizzle!!! :mad: ha ha!!!

I am only running a standard crank... which scares me a little

7. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    Yup, it would worry me too. I had a spare set of casings so I built my motor with new main bearings and a top racing crank, apparently theyre made by Jasil and are a doppler crank with a special finish which is supposed to help with the fuel delivery.
    With hindsight I wish I had got the 12mm version but I first ran it with a standard cylinder so itwasn't an option at the time.

8. Husky510

Husky510 Member

I have now ported the exhaust port of the streetrace... and I am back to it bogging down again.. have tried alot of different jettng... have tried 45/105 and 45/85.. and it had the same outcome... revs up then dies on full throttle

9. Husky510

Husky510 Member

also tried a 50/55 pilot and no difference either

10. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    Sounds like it's not getting enough air.

11. FiddyRox

FiddyRox Well-Known Member

Rides:
    Aerox, CRF450, YZ125
    What was the jetting before the porting?

12. Husky510

Husky510 Member

Running an open airfilter/pod.

Jetting before porting was 50/105

13. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    If your running an open filter it could be getting too mutch air. The standard airbox is best with the snorkel removed.

14. Husky510

Husky510 Member

yes, thanks Mr. Bizzle... i tried it with the box back on and it worked great for about 10minutes... but then back to bogging down again... it was popping alot too at around 8000rpm... then it clears and goes hard again...

so in summary... revs to 7000rpm.. starts popping and back firing while bogging... then just takes off to 12000rpm no problem

15. FiddyRox

FiddyRox Well-Known Member

Rides:
    Aerox, CRF450, YZ125
    For porting you should upjet as its flowing more air, so with the pod filter you would need a 108-110

16. wkdwrx

wkdwrx Member

u should give jas a ring at precision scooters in bris dude he will help you out hes a awesome fella helpd me out heaps

17. Suzukistreetmagic1

Suzukistreetmagic1 Member

I’d love your help if your still on this forum mete