Aerox accleration issues

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by Husky510, May 14, 2012.

1. Husky510

Husky510 Member

Hello there everyone,

First time poster from Australia.

I have a bit a soft spot for Yamaha Aerox's... i actually have 4 of them. 3 of them a fairly standard, but the one i am having problems with is the modified one.

mods:

S6 streetrace 70cc
    S6 pro replica pipe
    Malossi Multivar (3.6g rollers)
    Polini belt
    s/charge adjustable clutch, with red springs
    Polini 28kg Torque spring
    19mm Dellorto (105/50 jet settings) air/fuel mixture 3 turns out.
    Malossi air filter in std air box (snorkel removed)
    std reed block/ std reeds
    fuel tap (removed vaccum fuel lines)

The problem i am having is the initial take off. It bogs down until about 15mph and then hits power band and then runs sweetly after that... infact it does well doing around 110klms/h.

I have adjusted the clutch to the stiffest setting with red springs and it still wants to move off the line real slow while its bogging down.

I have tried different jet settings etc and running out of ideas.

Please help if the info above helps

thanks in advance

2. Husky510

Husky510 Member

I would love it to do power wheelies, but its far from that as it stands

3. FiddyRox

FiddyRox Well-Known Member

Rides:
    Aerox, CRF450, YZ125
    Check out the condition of your rear pulley, and maybe try a stiffer torque spring.

4. FiddyRox

Rides:
    Aerox, CRF450, YZ125
    Actually, it could well be the fact that you still have standard reeds. Try some of the polini carbon ones that fit the standard block ;)

5. Husky510

Husky510 Member

I have a Malossi red Torque spring... should i try that???

I actually lied, one of my std reeds broke, so i replaced only one side with a malossi carbon reed. So one side is a std metal reed and the other i the Malossi carbon reed.

6. FiddyRox

Rides:
    Aerox, CRF450, YZ125
    Yeah try that spring mate.

My aerox bogged to 30mph when I got it, so I changed the torque spring and it runs great now

7. Husky510

Husky510 Member

ok will do... so it doesnt sound like carby issues??? I would have sworn that was my problem... but then i never understood why the bike was moving when the clutch is 'INSANELY' stiff!!!

8. FiddyRox

Rides:
    Aerox, CRF450, YZ125
    Okay so try setting off at full throttle, and just before it's about to stop bogging, turn off the ignition.

Have a look at the plug and see what colour it is

9. Husky510

Husky510 Member

ok... just went in the garage and changed the torque spring to the red malossi one... drive pulley looks good, I also put the Polini steel sleeve on that goes on the original torque spring sleeve... it must tension up the spring even more by shortening the travel of the spring... (not sure what it does really) ... but anyway i stuck it on.

Only thing is I cant test ride. It's nearly midnight here and she would wake up the neighborhood. Will try in the morning... will also try checking the plug also... thanks for your comments FiddyRox

10. FiddyRox

Rides:
    Aerox, CRF450, YZ125
    I'm guessing youre from Australia? ;)

So how are are finding the streetrace kit? What's acceleration like compared to standard?

11. Husky510

Husky510 Member

yeah, from the Gold Coast, Oz

The streetrace is excellent, and i love it. Acceleration (when the band cuts in at 15mph) is very very good, and it is very powerful midrange.. especially seeing most of my riding exists aroud the 60-85klms/h... overtaking cars doing 80klms/h is absolutley no problem... Our roads here on the Gold Coast are quite open and flowing, so top speed is very beneficial and a must... As much as I would love to pop wheelies down the street, top speed means more to me. I really like the S6 pro rep pipe as well, very nice sound

12. FiddyRox

Rides:
    Aerox, CRF450, YZ125
    Knew it from the minute you said Carby ;)

I'm thinking of getting a streetrace kit, but I might go for the sport pro. Can't decide tbh. My bike is pretty quick to about 40mph but then it stops accelerating so good, tops ou at 60mph but takes ages to get there

13. Husky510

Husky510 Member

ha ha!!! yeah yeah good ol' Aussie slang!!!

Yeah the streetrace screams to 60mph... its very vey strong!!! I was kinda limited to what 70cc kit i got, cause i wanted to keep the std 10mm crank. Is the Sport Pro a 12mm or 10mm pin?? I'm trying to get Stage6 parts out of Germany at the moment but stage6 products seem to be very few and far between. What is the stock like in the UK??? Who can you recommend to get stage6 cylinders, exhausts, parts etc ??

14. FiddyRox

Rides:
    Aerox, CRF450, YZ125
    Pedparts.co.uk are great

15. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    I run a streetrace 70, top racing (doppler) crank, 17.5 dellorto with 82 main jet standard airbox with snorkel removed and malossi filter.
    Pollini carbon reeds, pollini high speed variator with 4g weights. I'm not sure how the clutch is set up as I bought it second hand off fleebay. It has blue contra and clutch springs? and each clutch shoe has been marked with it's weight ( balanced) somebody spent some time setting it up and it works beautifully .
    The bike pulls wheelies straight off the throttle and keeps up on the throttle alone. it blows all of my mates 50's into the weeds and is as fast as most 125's.
    For everyday use the bike is brilliant and very reliable and in my view it's a great set up.

16. Husky510

Husky510 Member

Well I changed the reed block today for a MALOSSI version with carbon reeds... definitely made it more punchy... but still don't understand why the clutch takes up so early. Already have red springs in a motorforce style clutch with the adjusters nearly at full reach...!!! What next???

17. Husky510

Husky510 Member

Here a pic of my bike, just for interests sake... I should stick it in the members ride section//

Attached Files:

18. FiddyRox

Rides:
    Aerox, CRF450, YZ125
    That's awesome, I'm literally just about to do a polini replica paint job on mine! Thinking of going all white though, not sure

19. FiddyRox

Rides:
    Aerox, CRF450, YZ125
    Have you checked that the clutch springs have t been broken? if just one of the shoes had a broken spring it would engage really early.

20. Husky510

Husky510 Member

yeah did an inspection of it all last night... the clutch is only about a month old... springs are all in good nick!!! Hmmmmmm!!! :/