Aerox 70cc bogging HELP PLEASE!!

Discussion in 'General Tuning' started by J4M1E, Mar 12, 2013.

1. J4M1E

J4M1E New Member

I have a 2010 Yamaha aerox with a stage6 street race 70cc, stage6 air filter (standard air box with snorkel removed), stage6 2.5g rollers, its been up jetted by a local motorbike shop i left the bike shop and it was like they fitted a turbo when i got on to a longer straight it just shut off as if i turned of the ignition i took it back to the shop they spent a full day and still couldn't find the problem so i road it for a bit and then i decided to change the rollers up to 3.25g and changed the clutch springs for heavier ones i went out with a mate for a few hours and it ran totally fine never bogged or cut out once then the day after i went out for a ride and as i came to junctions it would bog down and wouldnt start unless i moved it forward a bit or even some times i had to kick start it when i got onto a dual carriage way it was totally fine got to about 55-60 mph and there wasn't anything there when i let off the throttle it seemed to slow down then the only way i could sort this problem was to pull over it would then cut out so i started it again and it was all good again im totally confused with this problem and is really getting on my nerves any help would be much appreciated

2. Snake_Plissken

Snake_Plissken New Member

it's running a little lean and soft seizing on you.

3. phil.s

phil.s Active Member

get a new spark plug then run it for ten mins with the old one in till its warmed up once its warm take the old plug out and stick the new one in ride it on a long stretch try get up to full revs then switch the throttle of. Then take the plug out and check the colour and get back to us.
    It could also be a fueling issue make sure there isnt any carb issue's

4. lee mason

lee mason Active Member

Rides:
    suzuki rg125 gamma
    i have the same problem with my speedfight at the minuet when riding full throttell for 15-20 mins it will bog out and cut out pull over give it a min and restart it and its fine for 15-20 mins then dose it all again my plug is brown

5. Snake_Plissken

Go one 5% up on the main jet and see what happens.

6. lee mason

lee mason Active Member

Rides:
    suzuki rg125 gamma
    ive done about 2000 miles on the standard size jet and it been fine till recently

7. Snake_Plissken

To do a spark plug chop you need to warm up the scooter then put a clean plug in. While on the stand right after you start it open to wide open throttle for 30 seconds then shut right down. Pull plug and see what color. Once you get it to a browinsh color again use a clean plug start the scooter and floor it down the block for 30 seconds then shut it down and use the brake. Don't coast! now pull plug and see what color. Never let it idle of go half throttle since the main jet is for wide open throttle and is the most important thing.

8. Snake_Plissken

Maybe air filter is dirty

9. lee mason

lee mason Active Member

Rides:
    suzuki rg125 gamma
    nah cleaned carb airfilter new plug

10. typhoon1234

typhoon1234 Member

Ya bike aint flooding is it?

11. Suzukistreetmagic1