aerox 70 kit isuues

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by kp46, Jun 28, 2018.

1. kp46

kp46 Member

Rides:
    YAMAHA AEROX
    i bought a stage 6 street race kit for my aerox and installed it on the bike. i also bought a tnt 17.5mm carb as i was told the 12mm would be no good. how ever im having issues with finding the correct jet and seems to be running rough and very hot( i tryed to bleed the watercooling system. i am using stock air filter and a standaed derestricted exhaust. it preformed well with a 60 jet but developed a knocking noise that increases when let off the throttle. I am aware that this carb is not very good but got told it was better than upjetting the 12mm one. Do i put the old one on? and is the knocking bad? or how do i adjust the tnt carb.

2. Buzz

Buzz Active Member

70 cc kits won't run on 12.5mm carbs so stick with the 17.5mm. Overheating is a common issue as the larger capacity cylinder requires a higher volume of fuel air mix. Everyone says upjet but its more than increasing fuel ratio, its about quantity. If the volume hasn't increased then it will get hot quickly. The larger carb means larger venturi equals higher flow of air and therefore more fuel needed so upjet. I am posting a similar question so watch my thread for answers but i put a 75 jet into my 17.5mm after a 70cc upgrade and it was much better, still overheating but takes longer and not dying as badly. My question on another thread will be asking whether to increase jet more or fit a 20mm carb for greater overall flow.

3. kp46

kp46 Member

Rides:
    YAMAHA AEROX

hmm i am having better luck jetting with my stock 12mm carb no clue how.

also what bike do you have?
    and you might want to read this https://www.pedparts.co.uk/blog/yamaha-aerox-carb-comparison