Aerox 70 kit from old to new!!

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Husky510, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Husky510

Husky510 Member

Been running a streetrace 70 for a while, but was dissapointed to see heavy scoring on the inlet side of the piston. Compression was down so I decided to replace it with a new streetrace 70 kit.

I put it all together. Runs great!!! nice and punchy. Though when running it in the upper rev department the bike just cuts out. Starts up great... then when you decide to push again it cuts out completely. Start ups just as well again, then shut off again.. etc etc...

Now bare in mind, I have been running a streetrace 70 for a while, so jetting is good etc...

With this happening I pulled the cylinder back off and it now has the 4 corner scoring from just a short run around the block.

So my question is..... do I need to replace my crank, cause this scoring seems to be raising its ugly head again on my new 70 kit..... any idea's??? Is it cutting out cause its getting hot??? temp was around 70C when cutting out.

2. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!

When you say cutting out... you mean you cannot go full throttle?..

3. Husky510

Husky510 Member

I haven't tried going full throttle cause I am still running it in.... Cuts out towards higher rpm... Around 10,000 rpm

4. J4CK

J4CK Member

Rides:
    Piaggio NRG 172
    Does it just shut off straight away not even bog down or anything?

5. Chubz

Chubz Well-Known Member

Rides:
    70cc Aerox 04'
    so sorry to jump in, but how do you measure engine temperature on an aerox ?

quite a weird thing for the streetrace to be doing that, considering your old 70 was a streetrace too o_O

6. wedgie

wedgie Member

Rides:
    Mk 1 Zip SP
    My street race did this when cold, When warm would cut out after abut 30mph then would start up straight away, Then when i toke it off had some score marks. Couldnt be arsed with it so just put it back to a 50 and sold it on, Would love to no the actual reason for this lol

7. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    Its heat seizing very common on these when new as the tolerances are very close.. Try upjetting slightly for the running in period and run it in very gently.

8. Husky510

Husky510 Member

I am running a Koso gauge. It has a temp reading on it.

I am running a 92 jet at the moment.. so may go to a 100 and try that.

9. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    Its not the water temperature, it's the lean mixture burning hot which causes it.

10. Chubz

Chubz Well-Known Member

Rides:
    70cc Aerox 04'
    Fair doos guys.... im running a 100 jet on a polini sport, 17.5mm, malossi variator, 4.5g rollers, polini belt,,,,, and an 84 and 92 jet wont even start my bike o_O

11. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    It's weird how bikes which are so similar need different jetting to run properly.

wedgie likes this.
  12. Husky510

Husky510 Member

I decided to put the S6 kit in my stock 2008 aerox... What size jet should I be running with the stock carb on a streetrace

13. Chubz

Chubz Well-Known Member

Rides:
    70cc Aerox 04'
    i know bizzle, i as expecting a 80-90 jet to give the bike perfect runnings, but it just bogged and cut out so whacked the 100 back in and he went lol... bike being a he not a she :)

could be anything husky lol... im running 100 with polini sport, Bizzle aint you running like an 84 on a streetrace ?

14. Husky510

Husky510 Member

100 on a stock 12mm carb??

15. Chubz

Chubz Well-Known Member

Rides:
    70cc Aerox 04'
    nah mate, its a 17.5 dellorto

16. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    Should be around 70 on a 12mm with a standard airbox.
    I run an 84 with a dellorto 17.5 any bigger and it wont get off the drive.

17. Husky510

Husky510 Member

Took my bike for a ride today. mods are a streetrace 70, S6 Pro rep, Polini variator with 4.0g weights. Stock carb 80 jet, stock reeds, stock air box.

After riding it, I wouldn't say it goes much better than my standard 50 cylinder. Is it because I am running a standard carb??

18. Jonnymarrw00t

Jonnymarrw00t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    Yes, It's a re stricter. On my speedfight, I ran a 12mm gutner carb, it was bollocks. as soon as I put a 17.5 on there it ran like a champ. 70 degrees is about right, I'm running a electric pump on my zip, and that's a race cylinder and mine goes between 60-85degree's personally I don't worry until it gets near 100degrees. I'd upjet and see how it goes. Please remember though people no two bikes are alike. You'd be amazed if you took a micrometer to your cylinders/crank cases etc. I had two sets of zip cases, from the same year of bike, the transfers were completely different. Hope this helps a little.

19. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    Husky your setup is similar to mine, have you changed the reads? if not do now. I ran mine with a 12mm for a couple of days it went a little better than a 50, I put on a 17.5 dellorto and the bugger tried to spit me off the back. The 17.5 gives it a real kick in the arse.

20. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6