aerox 2013 bogg

Discussion in 'Newbie Scooter Tuning' started by kp46, Mar 6, 2018.

1. kp46

kp46 Member

Rides:
    YAMAHA AEROX
    i have recently bought a 2013 yamaha aerox. i have a slight issues when i go full throttle quickly it accelerates normally but if i slowly add throttle it starts bogging then i add more throttle and it takes about 5 seconds for the bogg to disappear. Im not sure what i need to do. i think its a carb problem but im not sure what i need to adjust. mabye it needs cleaning out ?

plz help

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  2. CGC

CGC Active Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Liberty 50
    yeah, sounds like the carb, give it a clean also check needle position and give the air filter a clean as well. when the throttle slide is fully open you are creating a bigger draw and availability of air through the carb. so I'm thinking at lower positions than full throttle, there is not enough suction into the block to draw air past whatever position the slide is in, or something obstructing air intake. check your plug to see if things look like its running rich.

3. CGC

CGC Active Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Liberty 50
    also try taking the air mixture screw out a half turn at a time, for some reason I thought it was something that happened recently. but the owner before you might not have adjusted it properly

4. CGC

CGC Active Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Liberty 50
    let me know if you get it running ok,

5. kp46

kp46 Member

Rides:
    YAMAHA AEROX
    I thought it was running lean but infact it was running rich so that was my problem. i just moved the needle up 2 notches and messed with the idle screw for ages untill i got it to have good throttle response and speed with no boggs. It was annoying to take off the seat every time i needed to adjust anything. Just not used to a bike with so many plastics and shit in the way. My next thing to tackle is a tad more speed so i can keep up with my friends geared bike. I heard that yamaha restricts them at the exaust. I have taken out the variator washer and now goes 40 on flat 47downhill. but i know my grandads 2007 aerox goes 50 on flat (de restricted at the dealer in spain he said)

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018