Aerox 100 water cooled help

Discussion in 'General Tuning' started by RyanM, Jun 4, 2017.

1. RyanM

RyanM New Member

Recently I bought a 2002 aerox 100cc. I have seen the malossi 125 cylinder kits available but I am wondering if there is a cylinder kit available which is liquid cooled. I am building this scooter to be a cafe racer replica so there are no issues with fairings to suit radiator. I was wanting to do the malossi crank as well but I really would love to get the full benefits of a water-cooled engine. Especially with the scoot being rode in toasty warm Australian summers! Thanks in advance for the advice!

2. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

A cafe racer scooter? Cool!
    I guess your option is custom made water jacket?

3. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Or a cylinder from another bike modified to fit?

4. RyanM

RyanM New Member

I have been looking for a cylinder from another bike that might do the job. So far found nothing. A custom water jacket sounds interesting. How is it done? You don't have a link you could send at all?

5. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    Yamaha done a 125cc aerox for the asian market , it used the yamaha Nmax 12cc motor, now im not sure if they did a water cooled Nmax but that could be a route to go , drop the 100cc motor and replace with an Nmax 125cc lump.

Infact the Nmax lump is a fourstroker liquid cooled so you may even be able to get large bore lc kits for it to, that would give you that deep thumper sound when you chop the decibel killer from the exhaust , nodoubt spit a few flames to on throttle back.

edit : theres a 200cc bore kit for the nmax and also 180cc bore kits both are liquid cooled jugs , so an nmax mod would be giving you the most , you would need to find a wrecker nmax to do the heart transplant using the motor / loom and cdi unit-coil

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
  6. RyanM

RyanM New Member

I like your thinking! The only thing is that the goal of this build was to have it built up as a 2 stroke. The market is flooded with 4 stroke donks to choose from. I was wanting to build something with that sweet sound of the old gp bikes (OK I know nothing will sound as sweet as a 500 gp bike ... but you get my point!)

7. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    as scuba says only way is cutting a lc jug to fit then adding an electric water pump that will have enough flow rate to keep the jug cool under hard running.

other way is a custom made LC jug and thats going to cost a fair ol amount of cash or a lotta time and milling/cutting work on a mill and lathe.

other option is hiding some scooping that directs a cool air flow to the head/cylinder to aid cooling in the hotter months and supercooling the motor in the colder winter months but then there comes problems running supercold air over the cylinder that likes to have a bit of heat in the first place. its a kind of 50/50 mix . i think some crafty scoop mouldings could be the better way to cool the motor but also tie in with the naked sort of rat design

8. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Have a look on the motogaga website, could be something there

9. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

10. RyanM

RyanM New Member

Wow! That is sweet!!! I think I just spot welded my undies! This will solve all my problems!