Advise needed!

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by GreenRanger, Apr 13, 2019.

1. milo2025

milo2025 Trip to Trumpton

That's the ticket!

2. milo2025

I'm at a total loss what else to suggest i'm afraid :confused:

3. milo2025

I don't like that black cable tie either.It's a Pita but does have it's uses on a temporary level

scubabiker likes this.
  4. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Hey heyyy heyyyy..
    Cable ties are not temporary....
    The roof of my truck is held together with them! LOL!!!
    Actually cable ties are permanent in some cases, like for cables...

milo2025 likes this.
  5. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

It’s a bodge job regardless of how well it works. The thing could fail. More likely that the metal bolts! Plus it looks terrible.

I tried yanking the chain using more leverage and power but nothing.

Looks like disassembling is going to have to be done :(. As I said, the bolts won’t move! And I’m concerned about ruining the threads and really making it more difficult.

6. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

Also, one of the bolts looks like a rounded Allen key head which I’ve not seen before I don’t think if I can remember correctly....

7. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

And because someone used a cable tie to secure one side of the mud guard I’m not going to be able to losen it by much...

8. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Just take the big wheel bolt off, maybe not even all the way off, just undo it most of the way to get the wheel to the side a bit.
    I assume you have a socket set?
    It's like a 24mm? 21? Hold the brake and stand on the ratchet to undo it.

9. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

I’ve never worked on a scooter before and don’t want to risk taking it off and messing things up tbh. Then I’ll have even more problems.

No socket set just a whole load of different spanner sizes... and screw drivers... and Allen keys...

10. Sam phantom

Sam phantom Active Member

Ring a mobile mechanic explain your problem and they may help you and remove the wheel.. easy money for them

milo2025 likes this.
  11. milo2025

100% agree. That's got to be your best way forward. Also consider breakdown cover including homestart. I've got it and even though I had a bad experience it was a far better alternative to being left up sh** creek without a paddle by a busy main road.

scubabiker likes this.
  12. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

I’ve already done that. Just offered £30 for a mobile mechanic to come and sort it out which I’m not happy about as the most I wanted to put was £20. £30 for probably 10 mins work 20 at most is a rip off...

Oh well you live and you learn.

I think perhaps the best way to go is to remove the real wheel

13. Sam phantom

Sam phantom Active Member

Its not really worth any ones time to get involved in that for £20, let alone £30. I’d bite his arm off

milo2025 likes this.
  14. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

What if I rev it some more? Seeing as it’s disconnected would that drive it all the way round?

15. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

Great News!

I revel the bike and the chain came out easy peasy!

All I gotta do is punk up the tyre and I’m stored!

My ball pump is ark ward at fitting so might have to ride it with a flat down to the petrol station which isn’t far.