Advise needed!

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by GreenRanger, Apr 13, 2019.

1. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

Just looked it up. Some quite nice looking bikes. If I were to get that style of bike I’d just go for a Harley.

2. Sam phantom

Sam phantom Active Member

Really! Lol

3. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

If you had as many years experience as me fixing bikes you would understand.
    Italian bikes look nice, but they are quite high maintenance and I spend all my time fixing other peoples bikes, I like bikes that I can just jump on and ride.

4. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

One bolt...
    Wheel doesn't even need to come off, just enough to make room.

Sam phantom likes this.
  5. milo2025

milo2025 Trip to Trumpton

Spoilsport!

6. milo2025

How's it going with that chain of yours?

7. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

8. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

Thing is, I’ve never worked in a moped before and don’t want to go unscrewing things as important as the rear wheel just in case I mess something up or don’t know how to put it back on lol.

9. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

Tbh I’m kinda dreading it mate. I really think someone who knows about mopeds could come and sort it out within 10 mins either by yanking it out or unscrewing the black mudguard that’s under the rear fairing/ just above the rear wheel.

I have tried to unscrew it to give more room for the chain (the actual lock part is what’s stuck) but the bolt won’t budge and I’m damaging the threads! It’s a little bit of a nightmare!

The way the lock is stuck it’s at an angle where it kinda gets more stuck as you pull it. I’ve deflated the tyre so going to try and see if I can push the tyre down to give some space but there’s no leverage other than the bikes fairing which is way to delicate.

I’m going to have a look in about half an hour and might post some pics.

10. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

Can someone also please confrim that 29 psi (2.0 bar) is the correct tyre pressure for the back tyre and 26 for the front? Can i put 29 psi for the front and 30 for the back as i like my tyres over inflated or is that not a good idea?

11. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

I like to run a little extra pressure in my tyres. 35 on the back and 30 front

12. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

Dyu think it will be ok if i go over by a few psi?

13. milo2025

Don't see why not. Personally I like to stick to what it says on the tin but each to their own. If I was closer I'd offer to pop over to help you get that damn chain out but I'm miles away so I can't. Sorry bud.

14. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

Cheers. I’m thinking about attaching the chain to another chain for more leverage then to a car! Hopefully it won’t break anything!

15. milo2025

Nice idea but I'd seriously think twice before doing that, sounds way to drastic a measure to me.

16. milo2025

Try a drop of WD-40 or even better the stuff in the red can. I can't remember what it's called because my cleaner threw it out the silly cow.

17. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

Lol. Yeh I will try that. Someone already suggested that but I didn’t want to spray it on my bike on a part that is not supposed to be sprayed but I can always wipe it off.

18. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

I agree. Something is bound to go wrong I reckon.

19. Sam phantom

Sam phantom Active Member

Gt85

milo2025 and GreenRanger like this.
  20. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

I will probably try the wd40 as i already have that but tbh i dont see how it would help seieng as the lock part of the chain has a rubber cover on it and is stuck in between the tyre and the plastic mudguard. I'm going to try to lift the mud guard up as much as possible without breaking it and also see if i can somehow push down on the deflated tyre to loosen it a bit then give the chain a good pull.

i've tried to unscrew the mudguard from the bolts but they just wont come lose and i don;t want to destroy the threads..

Someone bodged up the mudguard on one side by using a black cable tie to secure it! I don't like that!