Advise needed!

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by GreenRanger, Apr 13, 2019.

1. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

The chain is stuck between my tyre and part of the bike.

I have almost go it free but it wont budge. I have deflated the rear tyre but no luck.

The only option a si see it is too either remove the rear fairing and mud guard that is underneath but this involves disconnecting wires which means things can be broken.

Is there anyone in or near south london that cna come two minutes and yank the damn thing out PLEASE?

it's a 2001 aprillia mojito custom 50cc..

2. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

The chain?
    Huh?

3. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Lay the bike on its side and pull it?

milo2025 likes this.
  4. milo2025

milo2025 Trip to Trumpton

You need something with a bit of leverage, a metal pole or something. What goes in must come out (said the actress to the bishop :p)

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
  5. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

Yeh, the chain lock.

6. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

That’s what my mum suggested! I will try that but I don’t want to damage the bike! Plus I just topped it up with oil and it will probably spill out!

7. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

I thought that also. It’s properly stuck in there. Pulling it both gets it out but sort of makes it more stuck aswell.

8. milo2025

That's weird. I'd do what scuba suggested, and also put a towel or something underneath. Oil shouldn't come out if the tank's properly secured and if it does leak just have a towel to hand.

9. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

I deflated the tyre also. I’m going to give it another ago, try and put it on it’s side and either seal in the oil and petrol or sic it out.

Thing is I have a horrible feeling that I’m going to have to take apart the rear fairing and underneath mud guard which involves disconnecting wires and what have you which means room for errors.

Hopefully I’ll find someone super strong who can just yank it out as I said the tyre is deflated so that should help.

10. milo2025

Only thing is brute force may cause further damage. If you need to disconnect wires just make a note of what goes where and its should be a simple process to reconnect them. I'm alright with electrics, not so good with mechanics worst luck. I'm thinking of going on a course as I'm fed up paying my mechanic hard earned money when I could be doing it myself and saving myself a small fortune as well. Would be interesting too - I just need a shed or something as her indoors won't let me tinker about with my ped indoors!

11. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Did you drive off with the lock on?

12. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

I made a video of me starting the moped then revel it a tiny bit and forgot about the chain! I’m worried about cussing further damage also by trying to yank it out...

scubabiker likes this.
  13. Sam phantom

Sam phantom Active Member

Take the wheel off

milo2025 likes this.
  14. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Hahaha I did the same with a runner years ago, although I got lucky as it just cut the chain from the torque. (gotta love a 4 stroke huh?)
    Congrats on the bike.

milo2025 likes this.
  15. milo2025

I'd love to get a runner but good ones are big prices.

16. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

I would never own another Italian bike.
    Ever.

17. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Unless it was free...
    And a guzzi...

milo2025 likes this.
  18. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

Ha no way! That’s WAY too much trouble.

19. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

I always wanted to ride a runner. They have a good reputation. Must have been a thin chain?
    My chain is pretty thick so don’t think a moped could snap it.

Thanks!

20. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

Why not?

Trust me the mojito is an awesome moped. Those Harley style bars don’t just look good but they are COMFY. The seat is very comfy also. I love it.

Bit harsher over bumps than I expected looking at the forks but not as bad as a typhoon. It’s heavier also but that’s to be expected.