Advice

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by JoJo, Sep 29, 2013.

1. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    Will do, got the Carbon Levers and Stage6 Cylinder Caps today, hopefully get the actual Cylinders tomorrow....

just wondering, the mount that hooks onto the bar, you have the main back bit which is part of the whole thing, and then the front bit which the bolts go into/tighten into.... where can I get them from separate? as on the Aerox Cylinders i've bought it has the 2 bolt holes and then 1 in the center which looks ugly lol rather get normal ones, im getting they'd be the same or similar size as the ones on other Cylinders as they all fit on the same size Bar.

want one like this:
    Screen Shot 2013-10-22 at 12.17.23.png

my ones are like this:
    Screen Shot 2013-10-22 at 12.18.43.png

2. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Fleabay, donotlink, racing planet, anywhere like that
    Master cylinder clamps

3. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    OMG!!!! right, put the new Aerox Cylinders on, Levers and Caps..
    front needed bleeding, done it, sorted, works,
    back STILL wont work, bled it for ages, used a whole bottle/carton of Fluid,
    still no pressure in the lever,
    i've bought a pressure bleeder for £25 so going to try that,
    if it still doesnt work then im out of ideas!

4. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    also... is there a name for the rubber bits you can get which slide over the wire connections? eg. over the brake switch etc..

5. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    Photo from bleeding the rear break today, that isnt a small bottle either, its wide!
    yet theres still no resistance in the lever!
    its weird as again.. when the pads are out and you pump the lever the pistons come out easy,
    its just that once the pistons have pushed the pads to the disc, thats it...

IMG_4400.jpg

6. ramo

ramo GoldMember

Far as I know if you can get some pressure at the lever and theres no fluid leaking or anything you should technically be able to bleed it fully:confused: Might be worth spending the £20 or whatever on a different caliper to rule it out seeing as everything else has been replaced lol?

Cable sleeving/sheathing or heat shrink tubeslike so for something more permanent/less cluttered

7. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    Think I might have to!

and i've got red and yellow sleeves already, but I had something that was abit thicker are bigger at one end so the small end would be over the cable and the larger bit to go over the connecting but like the brake switch etc.. they got them on the stage6 quick action throttles aswell to cover the threading bit.

8. ramo

ramo GoldMember

Think I know what you mean...not sure what it might be called though and havent ever seen them by thereself tbh lol. You usually get them with throttle cables and stuff so probably no real need for most people to buy them separately.

You could quite easily get the same kind of effect (but not as easy to remove obv) with shrink wrap or the cable bends for dellorto carbs come with them but theyd cost you a fiver each.. I might have a couple somewhere if youre really in need..

9. ramo

ramo GoldMember

10. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    Well basically just wanting something to cover the connectors/brake switch besides tape.. and the sleeves that are big enough for the switch is too big for the tiny cables even when heated (plus they look horrible when heated)

11. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    thanks alot!
    £6+ for 1 though bloody hell!
    dont need all the nipples so no point bidding for that lot,
    i'll google it tomorrow and try and find some :)
    thanks again

12. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    Got the new Caliper for the Bike, fitted... Pistons are coming out fine... bled it, but still nothing...

IMG_5829.jpg IMG_5830.jpg

Took the Hose out from the Bike and fitted it outside, bled it, plus used the Vacuum, no leaks in it, no bulging etc, but still nothing..... I have the original Master Cylinder on which is 100% working, only reason I removed it was because it was too big, so I know theres no problem with that, Calipers from an 100% working Bike as I seen it working myself on the Bike it came from... only thing left is the Hose but again I cant see anything wrong with it... i'll get a new one anyway just incase.

IMG_5850.jpg IMG_5851.JPG

13. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    Here's the Hose on the Bike... no bend or anything

14. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    Also a sound coming from the Caliper when the Levers pulled, haven't had that before, so somethings going on there and the Wheel tightens up so the Pads are being pushed against it, but again just no resistance in the Lever..

15. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

That sounds like the pads are sticking ever so slightly in the caliper. Have you tried to bleed this caliper off the wheel as well as on? And letting the pads/pistons come all the way out/together when doing it?

16. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    Not yet, will try that now, was going to try my newer Pads aswell,
    the ones in now are Malossi ones and still have alot of meat on them,
    but will try my newer ones also.

17. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    Just bled it all again.... put in my new Pads, when holding the lever down.. my Stepdad tried to turn the Wheel but couldnt, but when riding the Bike.. and pulling the Lever, the Bike doesnt stop... I know the Cylinder works, new Caliper, cant see anything wrong with the Hose, back to the mystery!

18. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    Put the Hose back into the Bike lastnight, and now theres alot of pressure in the Lever but it still goes all the way down, well, nearly touching the Grip.... but if I turn the Wheel and then pull the Lever again, it goes loose so I have to pump it a couple of times for it to get more pressure again, but again when I turn the Wheel it goes loose so has to be pumped more, I havent had this pressure before, it's weird, it isnt loose at all, you have to put abit of force into pulling the Lever in, but again it goes further down than its supposed to and doesnt stop the Wheel..... I dont think the Hose is jammed anywhere as I made sure it was all loose going through the Bike plastics etc, i've even took the Screws from the plastics so its all loose around where the Hose runs through so again it isnt jammed, does it just need bleeding alot more? as again i've never had this pressure before.

19. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Do you mean spinning the rear wheel or turning the handlebars?

20. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    Rear wheel... loads of pressure in the lever but still doesnt stop the wheel when pulled, when its not pulled the wheel is abit hard to turn at first but then when turned..... the lever slackens and has to be pumped a couple times to get that pressure back, but either way it still doesnt stop the wheel when riding.