ABS warning light Honda SH300i - how long should it stay on?

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by clive.r.long, Mar 2, 2021.

1. clive.r.long

clive.r.long New Member

Rides:
    XJ6,Virago,SH300
    Hi

Does anyone know where I look to find out how long the ABS warning light should stay on after starting the Honda SH300i?

I'm guessing the ABS and check engine lights are lit at ignition to confirm the lamps are not blown or removed - so if either light stays on then this indicates a possible problem.

If the ABS light goes out "a few seconds after" the check engine light does this indicate a possible problem with ABS or is this normal?

Thanks,

Clive

2. Buzz

Buzz Active Member

Engine lights tend to go out after 2-3 seconds. ABS light can stay on for several seconds longer. As long as it goes out after a short while then you’re good. Sometimes they stay on until you get rolling. My bikes ABS lights stays on until I get over 5mph. No idea why however.

Stevep likes this.
  3. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Thats exactly it,
    The ABS light normally stays on until you are over 5mph because it has to check itself against the wheel rotation, picking up a pulse from either a sensor or a slotted disc on the wheel.

4. Buzz

Buzz Active Member

Every day's a school day, makes sense

5. Rattus_46

Rattus_46 New Member

10mph it should go off, or if you beeen revving the bike while its on center stand i think its higher like 19mph ir resets.

haveing agg with my ABS at the moment.