About to begin conversion of a Gilera runner st 200 to an st 300 monster

Discussion in 'Maxiscooter Tuning' started by Richie P, Feb 6, 2014.

1. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

My vx had a pipe, malossi filter and malossi overrange, that would do 80mph

2. Richie P

Richie P Member

Rides:
    Gilera Runner 200 st
    Well my st 200 Currently maxes out at 86mph with just a slip on by Akrapovic. The parts I am now looking at consist of (Polini Variator maxi hi speed) which ensures better acceleration and higher speed, to the extent of the speed, I don't know... I am picking up 9g malossi rollers for the variator which takes 9-12 rollers (depending on which one I get and a Malossi x kevlar belt.

St200 rollers stock are 10.7g

Now, as far as I am aware, no tweaking needs to be done and should be a straight up basic install job.

3. scootzmadness

scootzmadness Left the forum.

Rides:
    None.
    why bother?
    your not going to legally get upto that speed anywhere apart from a racetrack.

4. Richie P

Richie P Member

Rides:
    Gilera Runner 200 st
    Long drives, scenic back roads in the arsehole of nowhere that I drive nearly weekly with a group of bikers? Sure what is the point of buying anything that goes over 80mph? Unless your going abroad or to travel on the autoban in Germany... The countryside is a place where legality is not heavily enforced. Like lock in's, drinking and driving, serving under 18's with drink. Sure that all may be drink related but this is Ireland! :D

But seriously, it is nice to get out and stretches your vehicles metephorical legs once and a while.

scubabiker likes this.
  5. No knowledge Nathan

No knowledge Nathan New Member

Anyone got any panels for the new runner?

6. twodogs

twodogs Active Member

Rides:
    scooters
    I have a gilera 250 cost 1600 to buy will do 80. you could put 125 stickers on it just pointing out the cost of tuning abike never works out cost affective

7. scootzmadness

scootzmadness Left the forum.

Rides:
    None.
    but tuning is fun.
    its just better when its legal.

8. Richie P

Richie P Member

Rides:
    Gilera Runner 200 st
    I haven't went through with the conversion as the price was becoming rediculous. I am just running it with Dr Pulley Variator, sliders, Hit Clutch and Malossi Belt. You say you were hitting 80mph? My St 200 maxed out at 88mph stock (on speedo) and and with the mods now hits 93 when pushed to its limit. So how is yours after all your mods only doing 80??

9. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

it did more than 80... but the clocks way over read at higher speeds. i had over 90mph once on it, but that was downhill.

10. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    How so.?.
    nothing wrong with sticking the finger up to those who want to restrict,another little aspect of your life -
    until your a good little soldier who toes the party line.;).

hairyjim likes this.
  11. twodogs

twodogs Active Member

Rides:
    scooters
    not wanting to put you off tuning any bike cos I know you guys love doing them butt would it not make more sense to buy a bigger bike for two reasons far cheaper and safer, in the bigger bike would have up graded brakes

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.