85 Honda vision exhaust?

Discussion in 'Newbie Scooter Tuning' started by umperdunk, Aug 18, 2014.

1. scootzmadness

scootzmadness Left the forum.

Rides:
    None.
    drop down to around 4.5g and get a mallossi Kevlar belt.
    if you really want it to go well, mallossi multivar variator, 4.5g rollers and the mallossi Kevlar belt ;) that's with standard exhaust etc though so you may want to just try a few different weights in there and get it how you want it. I love these old machines. building a 100cc one right now, have plans for a 183cc watercooled one and want a standard one eventually.

2. hairyjim

hairyjim To be repaired, restored.i hope.

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    if you wanna do anything variator wise and don't mind spending some money malossi do a nice full kit and the ruckus over range variator will fit with a bit of grinding away of the casing(not always needed) to give a good alternative..if you wanna keep the standard variator...just change the rollers..you'll get good acceleration but the top speed wont change...gear up from s.i.p will give you a bit more speed but that's more work and cost for the same result as changing the variator for an over range one.

3. fattaffracingco

fattaffracingco New Member

wots the difference between malossi Kevlar belt and pattern o.e, ? just stronger ?
    is yasuni pipe and lighter rollers ok for o.e or am I gonna start stripping belts ?? surely not ?
    or is malossi only for bb kits ? which we mite do !! lol

4. scootzmadness

scootzmadness Left the forum.

Rides:
    None.
    mallossi is a good brand, there stuff is built to last. that's why we like them.

5. hairyjim

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    yasuni make the best made pipes on the market..for a mallosi SPORT barrell,ide say a Z would do you well..R is for higher output cylinders...roller changes will be needed to help your engine rev higher while under acceleration load or going up hill for example..rollers don't do anything at all to limit the revs..your wrist does,but going along under load the centrifugal force of heavy rollers changes the ability of the available power to be used under load.roller changes let your engine rev higher before the variator engages thus allowing the engine to be in its power band on take off or for instance going up hill..lighter rollers will do a good job in a standard variator and a kevlar belt is a good reliable belt swap.with a bit more power and a good wizzy engine...a standard one will be under more stress at times and speeds it ain't necessarily designed for..if you've got a set of scales and a drill..give your standard rollers a drill out and see how you get on..then you get a better idea of the range of weights you'll need to experiment further.if you drill too much...fill them with some jb weld or pack some lead in till your happy..lots of people have mallosi variators and some buy rhe full range roller sets..if you know more what size you need ,someone might have some on here to sell or MAYBE donate.

6. fattaffracingco

hi,ive just weighed the standard rollers and they r 12.1 g, wud u drop to 6 g or go straight down to 4.5 g as said by scootzmadness, and how does it alter the characteristics at slow speed ? im guessing engine will spin faster much earlier ? am I right ? I don't want it too peaky as lad has to do his cbt on it and go around cones etc
    sorry for the dumb questions but twist n go 's are new to me,thanks chris

7. hairyjim

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    ide keep it standard till after the cbt..lightening the rollers or stiffer clutch springs makes the engine need more revs to change its gearing inline with its power curve characteristics..not really something you need for slow speed control really.changing the rollers is a suck it and see thing...if you go too low you wont get the variator to change enough to get top speed and the engine will rev its nuts off relative to it previous throttle position. Drilling them will give you a better idea of the final size you'll need without having to spend loads of money on a full range....

8. fattaffracingco

ok fella will do,local scooter shop had 6.5g on the shelf which I have bought @£7, but they will prob stay in box till his cbt,I have yet to ride it with new exhaust, I priced insurance for myself and its £58 so I might buzz around on it for a few months,its gonna be slow with my fat arse on it tho,lol

9. fattaffracingco

10. fattaffracingco

can you guess wot is yet ? paintwork done with rattle cans !! I'm gonna do the black again DSCF0052.JPG

11. hairyjim

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    mines black..its a mix of flat and gloss..using Matt as base for the gloss...it was red to start with but does look better black.them rollers should give you a good starting point..maybe even be good right out of the box...never can tell..if your only after a better bit of take off and not going manic..ide say if you can pull up the biggest hill you can find with out feeling its pulling wrong,ide leave it at that.your lump ain't gonna be in its first flush of youth so power ain't gonna be blistering...you could set it for a fat arse and a light arse will find it a totally different machine...the rollers are only half the story though...you could play with the clutch springs to get it biting differently and the contra spring to adjust the cluth pully ratio relative to your variator pulley...one thing at a time and if it don't work...you know what you did to make it do it..if you throw too many mods at it with out checking the results ,you wont know where you naused up.I'm about 15 1/2 stone so if it works at your weight..might be good reference for me..

12. fattaffracingco

now funnily enough im 15.5 -16 meself,will let u know !! lol
    got a bit more work on plastics yet tho, but getting there ish, sunny hot weather we want for painting

13. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

that motor looks similar to the SFX motor, anyone got some more pics of one?

14. fattaffracingco

i will put some more up when I get chance

15. fattaffracingco

I had to adapt the mounting bracket with rubber spacers/bushes to take some of the vibes out of exhaust ,as I had to reweld the flange back on twice, bracket is now a little bit ugly but seems to be ok , boy is still giving it death tho , lol
    some American sites really good reading if u have the time, Honda vision is called the spree over the pond