Scooter Shack Scooter Forum
The UK's biggest automatic scooter forum.
Scooter Shack is now a read-only archive. Over 20 years of scooter knowledge (2006–2026) is preserved here. New posts, replies and accounts are closed.
ForumsThe Tuning CenterScooter Tuning

49cc Derestirction and Air Filter

Discussion in Scooter Tuning started by conor holliday, 31 Aug 2017
conor holliday#1
Hello,
Ive recently put a new CDI in my 49cc SYM symply scooter, it raised my top speed by about 4-5mph which I still do not find fast enough. I have new 6g rollers and am currently working on derestricring my variator.

I would also like to gather any information on changing up my air filter to a performance one. My question is that I'm not sure how the air/fuel balance is decided, I know that if it was too uneven then the bikes engline will go lean but I was wondering if someone could inform me on how I would measure the amounts of each in order to get the perfect mixture.
Thanks
MARSH#2
Please don't be fooled with "performance" air filters on small cc scooters, the std air filter/box works great. Actually someone spent a few minutes designing the air filter to flow exactly the right amount of air for any throttle opening!
What SYM is it, 2t. 4t?
conor holliday#3
Please don't be fooled with "performance" air filters on small cc scooters, the std air filter/box works great. Actually someone spent a few minutes designing the air filter to flow exactly the right amount of air for any throttle opening!
What SYM is it, 2t. 4t?
It's a 4 stroke, and I'm just going off what I've seen online about increasing the speed of my scooter and do not know a lot about performance enhancers etc.

More threads in Scooter Tuning

Zip 70cc stage 6 starting issues1 replies20 Oct 2017
Piaggio zip 50 2 stroke 75 main jet???10 replies3 Oct 2017
Piaggio zip sp 70 set up ideas????1 replies22 Sep 2017
Clutch Issue1 replies7 Sep 2017
Main Jet Size for Ludix with LeoVince TT?0 replies1 Sep 2017
Yamaha Aerox PHVA Carb help0 replies30 Aug 2017
Clutch setting, advice needed2 replies29 Aug 2017
Piaggio Zip 4t Tuning (80cc)0 replies29 Aug 2017
Malossi c one now running.0 replies23 Aug 2017
First start on doppler inner rotor (video inside)18 replies20 Aug 2017