2T ZIP Roller weights?

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by fallon, Oct 16, 2012.

1. fallon

fallon Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 50
    Hey,
    Ive got a 2005 A/C zip with yasuni z and 74 jet and Polini variator I put 5.5g rollers in and It made my ped slow as fuck, didnt really change acceleration just made my ped rev high and killed my speed. So I then put 3x 5.5g and 3x standard rollers and It was better for acceleration at the beginning but I feel that my top speed is like 10mph slower. I believe standard rollers are 7.5g anyone got any suggestions for a decent top speed and good acceleration, rather the top speed over acceleration as at the end of the day its a zip it already accelerates well. I believe I was hitting around 58-60mph flat land before I done anything with rollers.

2. quimjuicemonkey

quimjuicemonkey Member

take it its a 50cc ? how good was this bike standard as thinking of getting a zip would it wheelie as standard ?

3. A-LY

A-LY Active Member

ill tell you now mate, a standard 50 will not wheelie, without you standing on the backend with an anvil tied to your back

Todi-Corsa likes this.
  4. quimjuicemonkey

quimjuicemonkey Member

lmfao thanks for that can tick that of the list then !!!!!

5. phil.s

phil.s Active Member

well for a start is it a 50cc still ? if it is why are you running a 74 jet when the stock is a 53 ? you have way over jetted you wanna be around a 62-63. also that pipe is a bit over kill for a 50cc you might find no matter how its jetted that pipe might just suck the power from you bike unless you go up in cc

6. fallon

fallon Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 50
    It runs fine with the yasuni z but for it to not run lean it needs a 74 jet lol i will be getting a 70cc kit soon anyway, and a zip will wheelie with a sports exhaust and it has more power with the yasuni than the standard exhaust(de-restricted) I can easily pop my zip I almost flipped it coz my clutch springs engage too early and i can pop it on low rpm and then it hits power and almost flipped it lool

And yes it is a 50cc

7. Callum Coles

Callum Coles 2003 Piaggio Zip Sp

Rides:
    2003 Piaggio zip sp
    wrong i ran a 97 with leo vice zx and running a 118 with stage 6 air filter and leo vince zx

and the bike reving high is rollers to light also you wont get over 58mph on a straight zips standard gearing run out at 58mph

8. phil.s

phil.s Active Member

im wrong am i ok. if his ped is still a 50cc he is over jetted just the same as yours. if yours was still running the 50 barrel when you had that zx and 97 jet in then you was over jetted aswell and yes his exhaust is over kill for a 50cc so its you thats wrong

9. A-LY

A-LY Active Member

anything over a 92 is overkill in my books. my rox had a 60 on the standard carb, now 76 for the bigger carb, then will go 92 if i was to get an open filter.

10. Callum Coles

Rides:
    2003 Piaggio zip sp
    Shows how much you run my bike was set up using one of those lamnda sensor things and come out with the perfect rating all the way though the rev range + i didnt say anything about the exhaust

11. phil.s

phil.s Active Member

i dont care if father fucking xmas set it up for you in his workshop a 50cc barrel with a zx pipe fitted jetted to 74 or 97 is over jetted

12. astro77

astro77 Active Member

you bike was jetted way too high, bet it ran like a rite piece of crap :D

13. Callum Coles

Rides:
    2003 Piaggio zip sp
    is not jetted to high and runs perfectly thanks as i said was set up on lambda/oxygen sensor so the right amount of oil, air and fuel is being burnt

14. Jonnymarrw00t

Jonnymarrw00t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    Now Now Children. ALL bikes are different. A zip generally needs between a 65-74 with just a pipe. I dynoed my bike with a tt (65) Yasuni z (74). 94 does sound quite high to me to be honest :/ 118 is pretty much bang on for 70's filter and a pipe. I didn't think you could use a lambda sensor to set a bike up though :/. Your both my mates now stop bitching !!

15. astro77

astro77 Active Member

you dyno with just a tt on and it was a 65 WTF mate somthing wrong there, standard is a 53 so that's a 24% increase:eek:

16. Jonnymarrw00t

Jonnymarrw00t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    come out perfect so dno

17. iNEEDaNEWped

iNEEDaNEWped Member

If you cant wheelie a 50, standard or not, you're either not doing it right or have a serious case of noodle arms

18. astro77

astro77 Active Member

haha noodle arms lol:D

iNEEDaNEWped likes this.
  19. A-LY

A-LY Active Member

you could make it wheelie, hell my mate can just about wheelie his minimoto. im saying the bike wont wheelie itself without you pulling back

20. astro77

astro77 Active Member

yeah but you can't cos you got noodle arms:D:)

iNEEDaNEWped likes this.