2021 Honda Vision 110(NSC 110) valve clearance service.

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by VirtualMark, Nov 8, 2023.

1. VirtualMark

VirtualMark New Member

Hi, I'm having trouble finding out information about this scooter. There doesn't seem to be a repair manual available. I have found out some info from Auto Data, such as valve clearances and some torque settings.

I'd like to know where the timing marker is? I've watched a Youtube video that shows an arrow inside the casing, however that isn't on this one. There is a line on the outside of the casing, which is what I decided to use as it's the only mark there. I lined the "T" up with it and went from there, it looked ok as the two lines on the cam pulley were in line with the top of the engine. Is this correct?

Are there any tutorials out for this model? Or service/repair manuals? It's the 2021 model and is different from the older ones, so any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  2. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Wish you the best of luck on your search mate.!!,
    Have 2017 MDPH model and it's a fekking nightmare finding info and such,reckon it's down to them setting up a gravy train scenario where you've no choice but to take it into a mechanic.!.,
    U-tube seems a resort for info,recce what model /mind,mild changes year by year.,

Mark.

P.s.,
    Try 'overseas' websites,etc.,
    Believe a lot of the Vision series headed for U.K. are Italian made.

VirtualMark likes this.
  3. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    Get the piston to t.d.c and cam on back of lobes and your there. Ignition can't be altered due to stator being fixed.

VirtualMark likes this.
  4. VirtualMark

VirtualMark New Member

Yeah sadly this seems to be the case, there's a serious lack of information out there for these. I have some data from Auto Data that came in handy, and to be honest these scooters are fairly simple. I'd just like some proper stuff, preferably with photographs and step by step instructions as I'm a DIY mechanic lol.

5. VirtualMark

VirtualMark New Member

How would I see if the piston is at TDC? With the cam cover off all I could see was the valves and cam etc, but the piston is hidden? I've done the job now but just asking for next time.

6. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    Take spark plug out, use a wooden stick down plug hole and turn engine forwards/backwards until it's at t.d.c, you'll feel it on the stick. I'm not lying !

VirtualMark likes this.
  7. VirtualMark

VirtualMark New Member

Great, that makes sense I'll give it a try next time. Thanks.