2013 Aerox NS50 wiring diagram

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Neil P, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Neil P

Neil P Member

Hi guys,
    Doing some work for a mate , on his Aerox 50.
    He has spent lots on it... lots of Stage 6 parts, 24mm carb, 70cc, different crank, brakes, panels etc etc

Any way , now we are at the rewiring stage and this is where I come in.

Done a few Google searches, but not come up with a schematic yet

Scrapping the auto electric choke and its control module
    Electric start is gone

Looking to wire the lights direct to battery DC, and loose the AC Variable brightness lighting.
    Also new clocks, RPM and temp gauge, and handle bar switches.

I have been tracing wiring all day, and have a pretty good 'handle ' on most of it.

It seems the blue AC lighting Auto choke wire section is spliced directly in to the yellow/red of the alternator windings.

Can any one confirm this please, and maybe point me to a schematic

Thanks

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  2. Neil P

Neil P Member

OK, welI did a bit more work this evening.

I found that the AC blue and blue/red (auto choke and lighting) wires are spliced in to the Yellow/ red wire from the 4 pin alternator plug to the regulator. Slightly confusingly there is a totally separate yellow/red wire in the wiring loom from Auto Choke Control box to Auto Choke plug. Same colour but totally separate to the alternator wire.

The place where the AC power from the alternator joins the blue wiring is about 3 inches back (inside the main wiring loom) , from where the Auto Choke Wire to the carb exits the main loom.

I am going to chop these blue wires off from the alternator (yellow/red ) wire and splice them in to a new junction fed via the ignition switched output and a new handle bar switch. this will give DC lighting, without the head light going bright/ dim as the RPM changes.

Oh, I traced the cluster plug ..so will post this here in case any one else needs the plug pinout

Still like a full schematic if any one has one

Cheers

Attached Files:

3. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
  4. Neil P

Neil P Member

Hi
    thanks for get back to me

Andrew Cook from pedparts did send me that link earlier today..he did say the he did not have the latest wiring from the 2013 version..so I created the pdf in my previous post to help him out
    I'll work my way through the pdf schematic and see how it compares

Many thanks

Neil P

5. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    your welcome Neil maybe yamaha didnt change much on the loom side to keep costs down , fingers crossed the schematics are next to the same and can be work keeping in the browser as faves :)

6. Neil P

Neil P Member

Another question

Dave ( the owner bought an aftermarket tacho.

any one know if i can just tie the feed to that directly from the feed INTO the ignition module ..off the top of my head a White/blue wire?

7. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    depends a lot of the tacho's these days run from the pulse signal of the coil /cdi to coil trigger. or they are directly wrapped round the HT lead and read the pulse from there .

i know the sym jets use a resistor inline and take the pulse feed from the coil . its changed alot from the old style mech tachos of old

8. Neil P

Neil P Member

Ok, well i found the tacho instruction sheet

It gives 4-5 methods to connect, Splice in to input wire, output wire to coil, use original CDI rpm output or as you suggest, wrappling a kength of wire around the HT lead.

Neatest is obviously tapping directly to a proper RPM feed on the CDI, but not been able to locate a spare wire from the CDI yet. Will have to strip back the shroud around the CDI harness plug and check for unised/unconnected pins.

9. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    if the aerox came with a tacho from stock it wlll have a pulse line already there on the rear of stock clock connector.
    if the roxy did not the best feed source output wire to coil its a lot more hassle but going to give the best result i would say.

10. Neil P

Neil P Member

Original clock had no tacho, so no wiring I can see.
    I'll do the coil feed unless I can find u used wire that would have fed a tach.

I am working on the theory that if some of them did have tach's fitted, the wiring loom across them all was probably standard, so the feed may well be there, at least probably the CDI has an output.

At work now. Will be checking tonight