200cc Cylinder Kit on Gilera Runner 125

Discussion in 'Maxiscooter Tuning' started by ybeis, Mar 29, 2017.

1. ybeis

ybeis New Member

Hello!
    I own a Gilera Runner 125 (4 stroke LEADER engine). The bike runs extremely well. However when you have a passenger on it the bike struggles a little bit and you have to squeeze the engine in order to accelerate as it has its maximum torque on high rpm.

So, I was thinking for an affordable and as much as possible a reliable solution. I thought that I could install the cylinder kit and the camshaft of Runner 200. With this solution I can gain some torque and a minor hp upgrade.

First of all, is this "mechanically possible?" If yes, do I need some more parts of the 200cc bike?

Thanks in advance
    John

2. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure the 172 or 180 standard upgrade will just bolt straight on. Have a look at pmtuning website.

3. ybeis

ybeis New Member

I am talking about 4T engine not 2T ;)

4. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    theres a 210cc Anthea fourstroke cylinder, the runenrs came in 2t and 4t if i am right

5. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Yes I know its a 4t, pmt used to do a 180 for it but looks like its now discontinued.
    Here you go, got plenty dollars?
    http://www.pmtuning.co.uk/m3113955

6. ybeis

ybeis New Member

I know the Malossi cylinder kit solution. The "problem" is that in order to make the most of this cylinder kit, I have to buy the V4 head too which triples the cost.

That's why i was thinking of the Piaggio 200cc cylinder with 200cc camshaft which is a more affordable solution.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
  7. rossm

rossm Member

Yip it's a straight swap

8. ybeis

ybeis New Member

Thank you for your reply

9. Neil P

Neil P Member

Did you do it ?