2007 Speedfight 100 will not start

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Stompingbinkie, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Stompingbinkie

Stompingbinkie New Member

Hmmmm I think maybe my oil pump has given up then and the lack of power was down to it seizing up?!

2. Cockers

Cockers I hate speedfights

Not to sure you can run them with out the pump Cox you cab pre mix so its doubt full

3. Cockers

sorry for some of the typos, My phones a pain I was at work! I doubt your oil pump is causuing it to cut out because If I'm correct it's mechanically driven so when the engine turns your oil pump pumps.

You can run a scooter with out an oil pump because you can premix It sounds more to be a fuel or fuel mixture problem hope you get it sorted! If its the standard carb which is a gurtner they are the most unreliable piece of rubbish ever! I have a spare gurtner that needs a float put into it for 15 quid if it comes down to a carb issue!

4. LukeD

LukeD ZIp-Zippity Zip

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 50
    Take jets out the carb and clean, if all clean, then sounds like your cdi has packed up, my friend had a 2007 100cc speedfight and his did the same thing, it would run, then die, then run again then cut out, apparantly its usual for the cdi to go on a speedfight, so see if you can source a cdi to try

5. Cockers

That I did not think of purely because I aint had the problem with a cdi touch wood!

6. LukeD

LukeD ZIp-Zippity Zip

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 50
    Yeah i checked over everything listed in this thread when he had his speedfight, could not wok out for the life of me why it would not run when opening throttle up, so i rang around a few places, and they all said the same thing, most speedfights before 2008 that have these symptoms all have the same problem, or so those mechanics told me, so obviously common lol, i replaced his cdi, and hey presto like nothing ever happened

7. lordtaylor20

lordtaylor20 New Member

Rides:
    Speedfight 100
    any chance i can get a copy also please???

8. lordtaylor20

lordtaylor20 New Member

Rides:
    Speedfight 100
    ok.... 2005 (i think) speedfight 100... couple of issues, if anyone can help
    having problems starting with starter switch... clicks or just a whine, starts after a couple of tries with kick..
    also... speedo and fuel gauge don't work once started

been left for 12 months ish outside. had new cdi last year, and i've just replaced the ignition block (original owner lost his keys!)

9. Bouncer

Bouncer New Member

Can u email me a copy please richardgoshawk@gmail.com

10. Bouncer

Bouncer New Member

Ok my speedy just had a engine rebuild as my problem was a massive crack in engine I wouldn’t get enough power felt like I was riding a 50cc and I got a 100 lol was firing up mind I had to cover the air filter hole on my 21 mm carb to fire it up but now not even firein up I put petty down head and wants to but doesn’t ???? Any help guys would be great

11. Bouncer

Bouncer New Member

What happens if you self mix your oil and petty ?? Surely you don’t need enough oil in tank then ??

12. CGC

CGC Active Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Liberty 50
    do you have a good constant spark. or maybe you adjusted carb settings while not having as serious a leak.

13. Bouncer

Bouncer New Member

That’s what I’m tryin now changing jets in carb it was running with 100 jet befor the engine rebuild what do you rekon , becos it doesn’t seem to be gettin enough juice to plug But I don’t no how high to go ??

14. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

WOW! Talk about hijacking, this thread is originally 5 years old.

15. CGC

CGC Active Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Liberty 50
    this thread may hold the record for the longest gap between posts, but the man needs help anyway. though should probably start a new thread. :)

Bouncer likes this.
  16. Bouncer

Bouncer New Member

Sorry I was reading up trying to figure out my problem and thought I’d ask I don’t even look at the date it posted aha sorry

CGC likes this.