2007 Speedfight 100 will not start

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Stompingbinkie, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Jack James Coulson

Jack James Coulson Special Guy...

Rides:
    Suzuki TS 125 R
    rings deffoo need replaced like.

2. Cockers

Cockers I hate speedfights

Just seen the other 2 pictures deffo needs doing! them score marks don't look over well either

3. Stompingbinkie

Stompingbinkie New Member

Just added 2 pics of the piston and rings, and 2 of the barrel. Like I said whiles it's in bits I may as well replace the piston and rings and go from there!

Next question is how do you run a scooter in? :-/

4. Cockers

you need to runn round the block with it like! na I've read numerous places to run it slow don't go blasting flat out everywhere so say like half throttle for x amount of miles will try and find an accuarate explanation! for it

Stompingbinkie likes this.
  5. Cockers

Tbh Reading up on it, it seems like a grey area apparently there is no right or wrong answer unless you hear it from the manufacturer! I'd say just take it easy let the scooter warm up go for a run but don't pin it open for long amounts of time Id say probs a couple seconds most, so I'd say don't ride it like you stole it for a while and it should be grand, more than likely be someone along soon whos done this job and can tell you more accurate.

good luck

6. Jack James Coulson

Rides:
    Suzuki TS 125 R
    i did the rings etc on a speedfight and just thrashed it everywere and did no harm. but they advise to take your time for around 50+ miles. but id take my time for around 250... miles for safety. haha

7. Stompingbinkie

Fingers crossed if a new piston and rings sorts it out I'll do 50miles pretty quick if the sun stays out, IF I can resist thrashing it! Lol

Thanks for your help guys, will let you know if it works as soon as its back in one bit!

8. Jack James Coulson

Rides:
    Suzuki TS 125 R
    have fun! haha

9. Cockers

Good luck!

10. antman1992

antman1992 Member

Rides:
    Aerox
    the hardest thing to do once you got your bike running perfect is to not thrash it everywhere!

Jack James Coulson and Cockers like this.
  11. Stompingbinkie

New piston is in and the problem is still there :-( pissed off to say the least!

12. Cockers

is it sparking?

13. Stompingbinkie

Yeah it's running, but it's underpowered. Fine for the first min or so but then struggles to run like its not getting fuel.

14. Cockers

Jets or mixture what carb is on clean it all out check if not Have s fiddle with air to fuel what does it idle like

15. Stompingbinkie

It idles fine, I've had the carb off and cleaned it all out, I suspect the auto choke part of it now

16. Cockers

I had the auto choke problem bit onlyaffected starting have you tried air to fuel mixture

17. Stompingbinkie

I've set it to what the book says, 1 1/2 turns out. But that's pretty much where it was at anyway. I'd wondered if the auto choke was staying on and sending to much fuel in.

18. Cockers

Try it in different places could be possible try full revs whilst its running see what happens

19. Stompingbinkie

Ok next question. Oil pump. How much oil is it ment to pump out the small pipe that connects to the inlet manifold? Is it ment to pump oil even while is just turning over trying to start or does it have to be running?

20. Cockers

I think its just when the engine moves that pumps