2007 Piaggio Nrg 50

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Hicko1985, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Hicko1985

Hicko1985 New Member

Hi,

I have recently purchased a 2007 Piaggio nrg 50 for my son. No knowing much about mopeds and being more used to motorbikes I have a question if I may....

It had a Leo vinci exhaust fitted. When pulling away it seems to take a lot of revs to get moving, it's not instant like I thought it might be. Am I wrong to assume it should pull away like this or could there be a fault? I've read that clutch rollers and springs should be changed when fitting an exhaust like this, is this right?

Any help would be appreciated .

Thanks
    Marc

2. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

That's your clutch springs.
    Kinda like you are holding in the clutch and giving it a load of revs then releasing it slow.
    Harder springs will make it feel more like you have dropped the clutch.
    It's great when I can explain in terms of actual bikes...

3. Hicko1985

Hicko1985 New Member

Thanks mate. Would you advise hard springs or medium? What's best for a 16 year old with no experience...

4. Sam phantom

Sam phantom Active Member

Put a standard clutch/springs in it, it’ll be spot on

The Leo exhaust comes with 5.5 gram rollers I believe

5. Hicko1985

Hicko1985 New Member

OK will do, other than weighing the rollers is there any way of telling if they did come with the exhaust and have been changed?

6. Sam phantom

Sam phantom Active Member

Yes I think there almost always blue with Leo pipe

7. Hicko1985

Hicko1985 New Member

Brilliant, thanks. I'll let you know how I get on.

Sam phantom likes this.
  8. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Std are black unmarked..
    Aftermarket are coloured
    And yeah medium or std springs will do

9. Hicko1985

Hicko1985 New Member

Hi, well ive finally got round to replacing the springs and the rollers. Ive put in standard springs and 6g rollers.... Still not very good at pulling away. Been out for a little ride and its quite dangerous at junctions not knowing when the thing will actually move!! Anymore sugestions as to what the problem may be? Thanks

10. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Try even lighter rollers. 6g is kinda heavy

11. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Actually scuba, it's the other way round. It needs heavier rollers to throw out earlier. Lighter ones will need more engine revs before they get thrown out.
    BUT........6gr is about right. Just done one of these NRG's yesterday. I put 6.5gr in the variator.
    It could be that the contra spring has been changed for a stiffer one. (I did that)
    What are the revs showing just as it starts to move? If it's around the 6000rpm mark then I'd leave it at that.

scubabiker likes this.
  12. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Blurgh yeah....
    Painkillers....
    My son poked my eye out last night....

Stevep likes this.
  13. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

LOL:p
    Soon change when the "imports" arrive

14. Damjan

Damjan Active Member

Rides:
    Baotian Falcon 50R
    First you must rejet your scooter, then see what rpm's it holds while acceleration and from there we could tell you if you need lighter/heavier rollers. You always need sets of rollers if u wanna tune it properly, also the nrg the piaggio cylinder and your exhaust should be strongest around 9000-9400rpm, and on top speed it should top out at 10 000-10500rpm, if the cylinder and piston are healthy.