2005 Peugeot Elyseo 125

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by torpedo01, Nov 24, 2016.

1. torpedo01

torpedo01 Active Member

Rides:
    Pedal Bike M8
    After having a few issues with my old scooter and not wanting to repair it due to costs involved, I decided to buy myself something else. Jumped onto Ebay and quickly got frustrated, Everything was either too far away, Had no MOT or was too expensive. Came across this little gem for a reasonable amount and the seller was even happy to deliver.
    IMG_20161124_171112[1].jpg
    Its not the tidiest but it is nice and tidy, Its got a few scuffs and small scratches but nothing major. The clocks have a crack in but again, Nothing big.

Its had a bigger carb fitted with a manual choke but not much else.
    Im going to have a bit of a tinker with it, Service it (just so i know its done), source and fit a new set of clocks and source a coolant bottle cap cover (or whatever theyre called) as that was a bit of a bodge (possibly a yoghurt pot lid?)

Not sure what I want to do with it yet, Possibly a new pipe and variator kit.. But we will see what the future holds.

BunnyMum likes this.
  2. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    Plasti dip chrome the front vent :)

Looks sweet, wish i could stop pumping money into pedro the sym jet and get something like that. but alas they are huge and im a little gnome would look right outta place on one and be an instant cop magnet " how old are you sir ? "

BunnyMum likes this.
  3. torpedo01

torpedo01 Active Member

Rides:
    Pedal Bike M8
    Nah, dont think that would look right with no other badges or chrome trim. I kinda like the way it looks, Needs a good tidy and a good polish but paint wise, It looks right to me.

This isnt as big as people think, Its not Piaggio X9 huge anyway :) Still big enough for me and really comfortable.

Ive ordered some anodised red brake levers and some LED spotlights as my old set i was going to fit decided to blow today.

4. torpedo01

torpedo01 Active Member

Rides:
    Pedal Bike M8
    Stupid question for you. Mine has a oil tank under the seat, Not sure why as its a 4 stroke.. Whats it for?

5. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    they did a 100cc elystar that has a oil tank under seat ?

possible its an oil header tank for the fourstroke. and has a engine warning light on dash, so instead of getting down on knees you just pop the seat n top it up ? and yes kinda unusual for a 4t to get stuffed with an oil tank .

I would check its 100% a fourstroker elyseo and not the 100cc elystar

6. torpedo01

torpedo01 Active Member

Rides:
    Pedal Bike M8
    its 100% the four stroke elyseo..
    Took it over to my mechanic today to look at a issue that has arose.. he thinks it's just to top the oil up but he will inspect it when he has it all apart for a repair on Wednesday, He also said to call DVLA and see if there has ever been a engine change noted as its showing up as a 125cc on logbook - it could have been a 100cc Elyseo previously. Something has gone wrong with the gearbox but cant be 100% sure what yet, Either bearings or something to do with primary gears as there's a clunk coming from the rear wheel. Still rides fine though, Did 180 miles on it today in total.
    IMG_20161125_170125[1].jpg

7. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    drain out that rear gearbox oil and check it for metal shards, possible the rear scondarys/ primerys have shot out or the bearing has degraded.
    knocking sounds more like a bearing issue, if it was a gear wise it would have just stopped after a while as the teeth got stripped to nothing but smooth rings.

would say that oil tank is a refill header tank buddy.

8. torpedo01

torpedo01 Active Member

Rides:
    Pedal Bike M8
    Usually I have my brother @scootzmadness do this sort of stuff but the bugger has moved to Netherlands. Its way beyond my knowledge and Im not going to risk mucking anything up. Ill take a video of the noise in the morning, There's no noise when riding or rolling it's only when done by hand. It rides absolutely fine and doesn't slip etc. Took it to my trusted mechanic who said there's 100% something going on but he wont know until he has had it apart to inspect it. He took it for a quick ride to see if he could see what it was by feel and he was stumped. Hopefully its nothing thats going to cost too much haha

9. torpedo01

torpedo01 Active Member

Rides:
    Pedal Bike M8
    Cant figure out why it has the tank then lol
    IMG_20161126_134821[1].jpg

the gearbox issue seems to have been sorted by having the gearbox oil changed. THeres no noise now

10. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    im gonna hedge a bet thats a oil topup .

see if you can trace the pipe leaving that oil bottle to its source, i would say its going to trace to the motors casing personaly (but dont take my word on that)

Gearbox could have been just a little dry, ie not enough oil and you were getting dry spots on gearing causing a slight noise. but just keep and eye on that rear box for a while , was the oil that came out a black colour could be a sign of old oil and it had just lost most of its lube propertys ( oil should come out fairly fresh looking when your doing oil changes, black oil is usually down to wear and overheating, it starts to blacken as it looses its lube propertys and heats up making it somewhat burn ( not burn like fire burn, its just a breakdown of the oil itself)

11. torpedo01

torpedo01 Active Member

Rides:
    Pedal Bike M8
    Yeah it was pure black, Ill keep an eye on it but atleast I know its done now.

Going to be painting some bits and bobs tomorrow hopefully.

12. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

they do a 50cc one with a 2t engine....

13. torpedo01

torpedo01 Active Member

Rides:
    Pedal Bike M8
    Its 100 percent a 125 from factory, found purchase receipt in the folder of paperwork

14. torpedo01

torpedo01 Active Member

Rides:
    Pedal Bike M8
    It used to be a horrible green colour, Its had a respray. Its not the best but its better than most and will look good with just a good wash and polish.

15. torpedo01

torpedo01 Active Member

Rides:
    Pedal Bike M8
    Im coming off the road as soon as it gets too slippy. Not worth the risk in my opinion.

16. John111

John111 New Member

Hello pal can you take a pic of the drain plug is I can't find mine at all thanks

17. gilburton

gilburton Active Member

18. torpedo01

torpedo01 Active Member

Rides:
    Pedal Bike M8
    sold this one a good while back