172 engine build

Discussion in 'Maxiscooter Tuning' started by *dimps*, Jun 19, 2007.

1. gazell

gazell Active Member

it depends what ur going to use the bike for tbh...im assumeing your not going to be useing at santa pod and competeing etc..so to be fair theres no point in porting unless you just want 27bhp for the sake of it...bolt on parts etc will get u a good 21-23bhp which is definatly quick enough for road use believe me..when my runner was first dyno'd is was only somethin like 15bhp and i thought it was rapid until i found out it was only 15bhp..just stick bolt on parts you'll have a wheely machine and most cars wont stand a chance (until u get to ur top out speed that is)

2. neosman

neosman Member

yeah i have heard of 2 wheels ahead whereabouts in kent are ya from?

3. abz

abz Member

talk to minor for porting the guys seriously good and knows his shit , the reason i went for 25ml carb is that i would be using my bike every day and only have a 6l tank with a 5l jerry can in my seat lol if i had a bigger tank like runner id have a 28 or 30

4. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    who mentioned 2 wheels now :bird:

5. *dimps*

*dimps* New Member

im from sidcup near dartford.. i mentioned two wheels lol they not good?.. ill reply soon with a spec and could anyone suggest anymore parts or better parts thanks.. :D

6. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    i sudgest dont go to that shop bottom line :D

7. gazell

gazell Active Member

want the guys runner from 2wheels in petrol mag

8. *dimps*

*dimps* New Member

are the jolly moto 172 pipes good?

9. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    jolly moto is the best pipe power wise but seriousely get in the way wheely wise

10. *dimps*

*dimps* New Member

ok so if i wernt to use it for wheelyin would it be a good choice to have. are tehy longer than pm 55 or hang lower.. because i aint seen no bike with one on :msn1:

11. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    yep, dont come out quite as far but do hang pritty low... (less bends mean more power)

12. *dimps*

*dimps* New Member

okk would you reccomend me to get a jolly moto one or pm55 or do u know where i can get a nikon sprint exhaust from?

13. *dimps*

*dimps* New Member

anyone there to reply :msn1:

14. Gary C

Gary C New Member

stick with the pm pipe mate! ;)

15. *dimps*

*dimps* New Member

cheers mate :D .. i just need to find a gilly now but i cant find one :( .. i need it to be round £1000 or lower with max 2 owners. pm me or reply on here if you have one for sale :p

16. stephenfozzy

stephenfozzy Member

minor wen u say less bends more power wat do u mean exactly wouldnt a scorp have the same ammount of bends as a jolly moto or a malossi?

17. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    not exactly.. its not a complete rule but the straighter a pipe is the better it will work. its down to base dimentions tho. every pipe is desighned straight then bent to suite the bike its fitted to. when you bend them comprimises in dimentions have to happen. the main point i was making was the large sweeping bend on the stinger (rear part where it goes 180 to the can) on the jolly as it means the pipe cant be made higher without hitting pannels